Minor/Repaint: WIP, Wait till you see this Idea, Some help needed as well.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by PrimulArchangel, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Spyro

Spyro Banned

Yeah, I know how you feel about that. I've painted Transformers before. One took me 3 hours to complete. I'll post it one day...

2. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah post the pics up in a thread , we all like to see each others work here.. My last repaint was an Animated Bulkead . I painted him to look like a NY Rangers Hockey Player that transforms into a Zamboni lol. This is him here if you want to check him out http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radic...i-bulkhead-about-80-complete-updated-box.html .

He's still not finished lol, he need his decals made and then he should be good to go.

3. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I havent given up on this project just not much time to work on any painting. I have been working on the card that will hold my repainted concept Bumblebee now named Trigger with his modded front end to look more like the new concept Trans Am.

First. - I finished the insert part that goes inside the bubble. I am going with a yellow and black deco. I noticed in one of my movie captures of the bandits trans am that he had a license plate on he front that was the rebel flag on one side and the state seal of georgia on the other. So i incorporated both into the left side as you can see in the pic. his motto is also listed on the front and says " We're gonna do what they say can't be done" . I replaced the BB head with the Fire Bird logo and on the right side i added the autobot and pontiac logo and name. The bottom half i wasnt sure about so i just added the movie title and image from the orginal movie poster. and the first verse from the song " East Bound and Down"

Second. - Is a work in progress. Its the back of the card. Nothing is set on this yet. It will have pics of the actual toy once i get it finished. Im not good at writing up Bios so i used the lyrics from the song called " The Legend " It is pretty much a story of the Bandit so i though it would fit in nice as a bio for the character. The lyrics go like this .

You heard about the legend of Jesse James
    John Henry just to mention some names
    But there's a truck driving legend in the south today
    A man called Bandit from Atlanta G.A.

Every gear jammer knows his name
    They swear he got icewater runnin in his veins
    Foot like lead, and nerves like steel
    He's gonna go to glory ridin 18 wheels

He left Atlanta back in '63
    Callin him the loner from Tennessee
    He hit Monteville in the driving rain
    So hard he couldn't even see the passing lane

Well he started down the grade when he lost the gear
    He hit them brakes found he had no air
    The Monteville grade is steep and long
    And everbody that seen it thought the Bandit was gone

Well his truck jack-knifed turned completely 'round
    He was coming down backwards 'bout the speed of sound
    Alot of folks seen him and they all say
    He had his head out the window Yelling clear the way

Well he got to the bottom safe and sound
    Everybody asked Bandit how he made it down
    He said folks when the truck picked up too much speed
    I just run along beside it and drug my feet

Well thats about it for now. Havea look at the pics and let me know what ya think :) 
    Enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

Historical note: The front plate was the old GA state flag, which was redesigned around 2001.

5. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ahh did not know that :)  i was just going by this, it's a copy of the plate that was on the front of the trans am in the movie
    [​IMG]

6. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I printed out the bubble insert today to see how it looked. Came out pretty nice i think. I think it will look alot better once it has the new card front and back. I took a few pics to show how it looks so far :) 

Enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Please stop appealing to the car enthusiast in me.

8. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

That's the flag, alright.

Neat design on the packaging, too. Is that a Stealth Bumblebee that you've stripped the paint from? When I had vague designs on doing a Trigger, I was considering dyeing a '77 BB. That's way way way back-burner right now, though.

9. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No its a normal BB that i painted black and i modded the front grill to look like the front end on the concept trans am. Since the body designs on both cars were a like i figured it would be a nice fit using the camaro.

I am also doing the 77 BB as well and im using a Big Daddy to make the Sherifs car and a leader prime to make Snow Mans big rig and i have atrailer as well. It going to be a full set ;)  .. Im also going to get the fork lift figure and paint it up to look like the one they drove to load the beer lol . It's not going to be done for a while though lol , im only doing the stuff in my spare time. You can see all the concepts in the orginal post on page one. :) 

10. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :D :p 

11. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I'm looking forward to seeing this guy! The box is perfect! I figure you're planning on it, but I just hope you plan on adding the CB antenna in between the T-tops, otherwise it just won't be complete!
    Pic

Now, any chance of finding a tiny-scaled Bassett Hound to put with the truck?
    :D 

12. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup it will have a antenna that can pop on and off, but no cut out T tops because if i chopped up the top of the BB it wouldnt look to good because you would see all the bot parts. But i am going to paint them on so it just looks like he has the removable tops in place.

And yeah thought about finding me a Fred too :lol  , im going to look at the hobby shop when the time comes. Was also thinking of those Littlest Petshop animales they sell but think that may be to big but shall see.

Im looking for a cheap rotf Dirt Boss fork lift figure if anyone has one :)  Im working on my cases of Coors right now in PS lol, just going to make a few single cases and then a large box that will look like a big stack of cases that will go in the back of the trailer.

Got a great surprise today as well, i came home and checked my email and found that someone sent me scans of the stagecoach robbery scene from the side of the trailer. Its not the scene from the first movie but its from the second one. Its almost exactly the same with a few little differences. I just have to work them a bit to clean them up :) 

13. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Another small Update. I took some screen caqptures from my copy of the movie so i could have a reference to how the cases of beer looked in the movie. Then i made my own in photoshop and printed and folded 6 of them. And i made the image that will go in the back of the trailer to make it look like it has a truck load of Coors Energon :p  lol i figured why would bots be hauling beer so i made it energon lol. The cases are only about an inch long and a little over half inch wide so they are pretty small and fit in scale with Trigger (BB) pretty well. Have a look at the pics and tell me what ya think :) 

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Another quick update. I printed out a test image of the trailers image. Its just normal paper but it fits perfectly. I also made the insert that goes in the trailer to make it look like it's full of beer . have a look :) 

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that looks awesome, great idea, and brilliant execution up to this point, can't wait to see what you do to it next

16. Methusalen

News Credits:
    It looks great, but 1 critique... It's backwards!
    Kevin Morgan Designs - Canton, PA
    Check out this page for pictures, on the passenger side of the trailer, the guy on the horse should be at the rear.

17. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yup i know it's only a test fit to see if the scans i had would be large enough to fit the side of the trailer all that will be corrected when i get the decals printed out. I got like 40 pics of the trailer to go by so it will be done the right way in the end.

Dunno if im going to use the image though because i dont like the white horse in it. The trailer images are from smokey and the bandit part 2 and they dont look as good as the part one trailer. So all of it can change in the end if i can get my hands on a set of images from part one. Im waiting for a guy on ebay to reply to me about them so hopefuly he can help me out ..

18. Methusalen

News Credits:
    If that doesn't work out, or ordering a set from somewhere (for an outrageous pricetag), you could also try contacting someone from that site I linked to... If they have the resolution to print it out on vinyl large enough to cover an actual trailer, surely they have a 'low-res' version available somewhere?
    LOL...

19. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah he was actually the first person i ever contacted about the image because i seen that he was making an actual trailer and he also make smaller models of the truck as well just like im doing. But he would not send me copy of one of the sides, he wanted me to send him the trailer and he would apply the images for 50$. Told him no thanks besides the price being crazy i may put moving parts on the trailer to make it transform and i will need to rework the images to fit around the moving parts. But i guess he thinks im going to turn around and sell copies of them or something.

I emailed another guy on ebay that prints replicas on water slide paper so im waiting to hear back from him. If not ill just go with what i got :) 

20. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I made a small bubble out of some left over plastic i use my my box windows to hold the cases of coors energon on the Trigger (BB) card . It looks pretty decent i think .

[​IMG]