Minor/Repaint: WIP, Wait till you see this Idea, Some help needed as well.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by PrimulArchangel, Jan 13, 2009.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok just added a new digibash of primes vehicle mode. It looks pretty decentIts hard to color in chrome in photoshop lol. The real deal will have some shiny bare metals over the cheap gray plastic ..

While i was coloring prime in was was thinking that i got to reame these three.
    So here is what i came up with.

Prime i was thinking to name him " Snowman " after Jerry Reeds character in the movie but dont seem to work for me, but then the name " East Bound " poped into my head and it seems to click a little more.

Bumblebee will be named " Trigger "

Bid Daddy will be named " Smokey "

2. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    This looks like it's going to be a fun project! :cool: 
    Just so you know Toys R Us has 1/35 scale desiel trailers that work great for Prime. I bought a Trailer a while back it came w/ a cab which was made of Die-cast and Trailer was made of plastic. Cab has some nice parts on it they may be able to change out on Prime also.

3. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

So uh Primul...what's the giftset box gonna look like? I know you're gonna make a box for the three, right? Lets all see a Smokey & The Bandit themed Transformers box; hells yeah. In regards to the names you've chosen I like em. With the exception of Prime's name.

East Bound doesnt sound right to me. I'd go with somethin like Overdrive, Longhaul (there's more than one Jeff in the world!), Freeway, Onramp, Offramp, Bigtime, Knock, J-Brake, or Tiny.

Just my .02 pence!

~Z

4. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Boxes hmmmm.... Primes box would be too big since he will have his trailer with him.. The other two can be done though i think.

The names come from the movie so i cant name them just anything. East Bound is from the smokey and the bandit thee song " East Bound and Down". But i was also thinking after i made the earlier post that I could name him "Bootlegger" since they were bootlegging coors beer over state lines lol.. I could even go with something like " Ten Four " or something.. Ohhh Maybe "Breaker " hmmm ... ill have to sleep on it lol :lol 

5. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

Man I love the Trans Am Formula 6.6 liter Rrr Rrr Rrr

Can't wait to see this happen!

6. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:

I like J-Brake for "Snowman"

7. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its a cool name but i don't know what it means lol and it dont fit in with the movie theme .. BB is named after the bandits car " Trigger" and big daddy is named after Buford " Smokey " .. Ten Four is a CB radio ling and is a big part of the movie and trucking so it fits Prime pretty good.. So I think im going to go with "Ten Four" for him ..

8. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got a trailer that i think will work nicely. It should be here in a few days and then im going to fix a few things on it.. I couldnt find anyone that would send me hi res scans of the trailers western image BUT i did find a guy that will apply the decals for me if i may him the trailer. He makes custom sets of vehicls for smokey and the bandit. I seen some of his work so i know it will come out really good.. He's going to do this for 25$.
    Also i added a pic of the trailer im getting and also a digibash of the trailer and the 3 vehicles. Have a look :) 

9. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has anyone ever dyed leader optimus prime and classic camaro BB ? I was thinking about it because with all my repaints there always seems to be some parts where the paint scratches off during transformation and it is like UGHH lol..

So i was going to give dying a try.. Which do you think will take black dye better, Normal Leader Movie Prime or Night Watch Prime ? I know i would have to strip off all the flames and stuff. And i would only want to dye the external vehicle parts mainly and then airbrush the bot mode.

The same goes for Classic Camaro BB , I may do 2 versions of this with both the classic and concept camaro figures because i seen some concept art for a new Trans Am and it looks almost exactly like the concept Camaro. So i may do two.. I was also thinking about getting one of the new movie Sideswipes and using that. I may wait till the toys hit the stores though for that..

Now for energon Downshift , do you think its possible to dye him with something to make im look brown ? maybe a red dye or something over the green plastic will give it a brown look ? He may wind up just being painted lol...

I also have to look into how to dye plastics, I know its a smelly job so i may have to look nto doing it outside with a electric burner or the burner on a gass grill or something. I cant go smelling up my whole house lol..

Any advice is welcome. I want this to turn out good so im taking my time with everything and want to have a plan before i dive into it full on lol .

10. big hank

News Credits:
    Hmmm... Maybe just a "cocktail" of different color dyes would produce a brown color. Not sure.

Ya gotta give the Bandit a moustache!:D 

11. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  moustache :lol  .. I was actually thinking about painting there robot modes to look like the movie characters clothing , but the moustache never came to mind :lol  I may have to see what i can do about that lol.

As far as the brown what i got to be carefull with is because the car is the green color if i dye it straight brown or a mixture of colors then it may come out too dark.. Bufords car is a light brown color like a park rangers uniform colors.. This is why i may wind up painting it instead because i dont know if i will be able to get the light color over the lime green color.. Did downshift come in any other colors besides the green and the big daddy color ?

12. big hank

News Credits:
    To my knowledge green or black is your options. You could paint it with this Krylon spray Frenzy-Rumble turned us on to. I've primed with the black, and if you follow the directions it WILL NOT scratch or rub off! Really good stuff! The Khaki color would work well I believe!

Krylon: Products: Camouflage Paint with Fusion Technology

I think if you could get away with adding homages to the wardrobe in bot mode, that would be cool! Bits of red on the chest/arm area for Bandit with denim colored lower sections, etc. That would seal the deal!

13. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm i think thats the stuff i used on my Custome Alt Red Alert.. I will get that for sure because i was happy with how my Red Alert came out using that..

This is what i did messing around in paintshop with the instructions image of BB lol.. It looks ummm different :lol 
    [​IMG]

14. big hank

News Credits:
    Ouch!

**EDIT** MMmm. Not as bad after you look at it for a bit. Plus on the real toy the effect might not be as dramatic.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  15. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah i got to work on it a bit more before i commit to anything.. I did just finish a digibash mod of the concept camaro into a concept trans am. I think this mode would be super simple to do with some body filler or what ever to fill in the sections of the front to give it a Trans Am front end look..
    I will be doing this Version for sure and well as the Classics version. It is too damn cool not to do lol and there is already a black version comcept camero in Stealth BB.

[​IMG]

16. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got my trailer in the mail today , This is going to work out great. I striped off the large peterbuilt logos from the sides and it revield a chrome finish lol so this may make the decal show up nicley or to shiny lol .. I got to email pics to the guy thats going to apply the decls for me and ask him if i should dull it down or leave it..

I took a few pics of it on my Night Watch prime. I may have to lower the rear of the trailer just a bit.

Also if anyone has any of the figures i need and want to make a trade for anything on my site or sales page , Please PM me and let me know.. Id like to get either one of the Primes regular or nightwatch . I need a classic camaro BB and one of the versions of Downshift.. So if anyone can help me out with some , that would be awesome. BUT i can only trade right now..

Ok so anyways have a look at the future Ten Four :) 

-Curt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Hype1

Hype1 D Witwicky biographer

This is soooooo cool. Can't wait to see it completed.

18. big hank

News Credits:
    PMing ya about the figures you need!:thumbs2: 

19. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I messed around with the trailer some more tonight. I fixed the one rear door that had a broken peg. Then i set out to build a refridgerator unit for rhe front of the trailer.. I used a clear plastic CD case for this.. I just scored the plastic the the shapes i needed and just cracked the plastic on the score lines so i would get a nice even break. I glued it up with some crazy glue and once that dried i ran som hot glue on the inside for a little extra hold and also to fill in any gaps..
    Im going to let this dry completely over night and then i will glue it to the front of the trailer tomorrow and then airbrush the black paint on.. I got the sides all taped off so its good to go for paint :)  I took a few pics if ya want to see. I also printd out a pic of Coors Beer cases and stuck it in the back to see what it would look like lol ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. big hank

News Credits:
    Sweet! You should print a few individual cases of Coors, like those folded paper six sided Energon cubes. That would add a bit of dimension to the opened trailer!