Minor/Repaint: WIP, Wait till you see this Idea, Some help needed as well.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by PrimulArchangel, Jan 13, 2009.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    UPDATES ON PAGE 8 from 8/21/09

Hey guys :) 

Well im back with another WIP custom. This one will probably be my most wacked out one since my Zamboni Bulkhead but when you think about this one , it just fits so perfect.

Im a child of the 70's and 80's and one of my favorite movies from the 70's was Smokey And The Bandit. Yup im sure you know where im going with this just by reading that lol..

I want to repaint Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime and Movie Classic Camaro Bumblebee into " Bandit one and ahhhh bandit a two " (quote from the movie kinda lol) . I know BB isnt a trans-am but he is very very close fit and will look great painted up like the Bandits car. I may even try and mod the roof to make it look like the sun roofs are removed..

Optimus will just look killer painted up like The Snow Mans big rig towing that classic awesome looking trailer behind it. I am watching a smokey and the bandit trailer on ebay now , but its not the correct scale to Movie prime BUT it comes with the western scene decals for the trailer but i will have to scan and enlarge the decals so they fit the full length of the trailer IF i can find a trailer in scale with leader class prime.

Ok so my HELP questions are .. Where can i get a cheap model kit of a trailer that will fit leader prime? What scale would the trailer have to be?

What scale is move BB so that i know what scale model kit to look for so i can get decals from that.

Any help with these things would be great :) 

Any other advice or ideas are welcome, I dont knwo when exactly i will be starting on this one but it wont be long.. Im working on some comission boxes right now so all my time is there for a bit. But i wanted to get this dea out there before someone beat me to it lol , hope no one beat me to it already cause i been thinking about this pretty much since the movie figures came out lol..

The pic below is of the orginal toys to show the look im going for for those youngins on here that may not have seen the movie :p  kidding lol
    Post away :) 

Small update for 04/14/10

I finished Triggers Card.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

-Curt

Small update on 08/19/09
    Repainted and modded BBs bubble insert finished for his bubble and a pic of the WIP card back.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Update 8/21/09
    Beer cases completed

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Update 8/21/09
    Trailer image mockup test fit and beer in the back of the truck

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

UPDATED:

I did a quick photoshop digi repaint of movie BB into the Trans Am . I left the color a dark gray so the pannel lines can still be seen. Added the fire bird on the hood and behind the window and also added the pin striping.. I think he is a pretty damn good match for this ..

Also i do think Big Daddy is a good match for Buford T Justices car. Its a little off but its the closest match i think.. Have a look atthe pics :) .. Also was there another version of Big Daddy that may be easier to find and cost less ? lol

UPDATEED AGAIN:

I made a quck digibash of the Bigdaddy repainted to look like Buford T Justices Sheriff Car.. I think he will work out pretty well as his car..

UPDATED YET AGAIN :
    Just added a new digibash of Prime .

Here is a cool video of most of the songs from the movie with lots of good scenes from the orginal movie :)  Enjoy

UPDATED :
    I got a trailer that i think will work nicely. It should be here in a few days and then im going to fix a few things on it.. I couldnt find anyone that would send me hi res scans of the trailers western image BUT i did find a guy that will apply the decals for me if i may him the trailer. He makes custom sets of vehicls for smokey and the bandit. I seen some of his work so i know it will come out really good.. He's going to do this for 25$.

UPDATED: 1/27/09

Just painted up the trailer. I masked off the entire side of the trailer and then panted it with some flat white and then gloss black over that.. Once it dries ill remove the masking and see how it looks.. Il even paint the details on it like the door latches and such, maybe see if i can mic a rust color and paint some of the rivits with it.. Once i get it all back together ill take a few more pics :) 

Also i added a pic of the trailer im getting and also a digibash of the trailer and the 3 vehicles. Have a look :) 

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay. That's where I got the trailer I used for my Classics Motormaster custom. As for scale, he was 1:43, so I'd simply go up the next scale, as I don't think he's large enough for 1:24, so try 1:35

3. godwin300

godwin300 Banned

Ebay:
    That's awesome! Gotta love the Bandit and definitely can't forget about the Snowman.

4. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

MAN YES.

I have been meaning to repaint a Bumblebee into good ol' Trigger. No time, though.

5. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:

Awesome concept!! I just added you to my Christmas list for doing this!!:D 

***EDIT*** Forgot the question there. BB is roughly 1/32, which is a pretty common model scale, not sure about Prime.

6. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

News Credits:
    Can't answer any questions, but I will say this is a great idea.

It actually makes sense...

...and you have to do a scratch build custom of Jackie Gleason's caddy and make it a two headed Megatron/Starscream that argues with itself!!!

7. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

The Trans-Am had t-tops, right? To save grace for BB's modes all ya need to do is cut in the grooves of the tops. Then paint em black; personally I wouldnt want to hack out pieces of his roof because you'll lose stability. Also you'll see robot-mode kibble.

Great idea tho. Any particular plans for the trailer like LEDs or a loading ramp or anything?

~Z

8. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:

I think he's gonna put a bunch of tiny beer cases in it, along with a tiny elephant and a little F^&#ed up Veterenarian!:lol 

9. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

i have the decals for the bandit car but you would have to remake them somehow to the right size because the ones i have are 1/24. the decals include all the pin striping and the fire bird phoenix. hit me up on pm if you need them

10. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool i didnt expect such a big responce for this lol . I seen a few people had gotten a trailer for there leader prime on here and they were saying they only paid like 20$ for it or something. I got to see if i can find them online because the hobby shop near me is a total ripoff and will probably want something like 60$ or more for just the trailer and im not joking around lol , they think there gods of the hobby world lol..

I actually thought about this but you way with the 2 faces is pretty damn funny :lol  .. I did think that maybe i could use Big Daddy to make Jakie Gleason's ride lol.. I dont own this mold but in the pics i seen it looks like it roof stays all one piece on his back. So it may work out to where i can make the roof look ripped off..

Yeah after looking at BB last night i realised this as well and was just going to make the grooves for the effect of the T top.. As far as the trailer lights, i didnt think of that but maybe something i can look into for sure i think . I do want to chrome it out so i think ill use that bare metal stuff i used on my Kabaya prime years ago and its still shiny .. Im also chrome out Primes front end and such too if its possible.

:lol :lol  The elephant did pop into my head but you took it to another level :lol  I have a junker Beast Wars Ironhind that gave me the thought of adding the elephant lol. I could print out some cases or coors as well lol..

There are alot of little bits that could be added to this i think. Like adding a antenna to BB and some on Prime, i believe snow man had two mirror mounted antennas..
    For now ill start looking for the trailer and a set of decals for BB in his scale. Anovasinn i may take you up on that offer (thanks by the way) incase i cant find them and just scan yours and see if i can have someone make me a resized set with some water slide paper or something.
    Im working on a pretty large comission for custom boxes right now so all my time is focused on that .. I will post pics of the boxes here as they get done as well :) 

Thanks for all the input on this, i think if i can get it to come out as good as i can see it in my head it will be a total Win lol :lol 

11. caretaker27

caretaker27 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    primularchangel,
    if you are still looking for a trailer i have a peterbuilt designed one that i had purchased for a masterpiece prime years ago. i do not remember the scale offhand but if you are intrigued PM for more details.

12. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Big Enos Burdette:
    dayum, this is like a fantasy i never thunk i'd see.

you do this, you are tha' man. do it in 18 hours and Big Enos will double the bet.

go, man, go. get to it.
    LOL.
    (sorry, but this rocks.)

13. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol :lol :lol  funy stuff .. Some of the best lines come from that movie lol

More can be found here. Just reading them makes me laugh so much :lol 
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076729/quotes

14. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey guys , i updated with a digibash repaint of camaro Bumblebee painted as the Trans Am.. Have a look and also i added a pic of Big Daddy and Buford T Justices car. I think its a pretty good match that can work , what do you think ?

Also is there another version of big daddy that is easier and cheaper to find ?

15. ultra magnus 14

ultra magnus 14 WRECKER

you could get cybertron downshift hes the same mold, also you could get a 1:32 scale trans-am and change out with bumblebee's front end that would give it the perfect look youre going for

16. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

News Credits:
    Big Daddy works just fine actually.

And as UM14 said, Cybertron or Universe Downshift is the same, here is an OK 2 pack deal:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Un...ptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

and loose:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Cy...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

good luck!!!

17. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool thanks for the links. I wasnt too big on the cybertron line so i pretty own none of them except Soundwave.. Ill look into gettig mea loose one when im ready for them..

And as far as swapping out the front end on BB, i would try that but i pretty much suck as mods like that so i would probably break more then fix lol .. And there are too many moving parts on his front end if i remember right, i havent had mine open in a while so i dont remember. Ill look into it though , if it looks like something i can do then i may swap it out ..

Thanks for the help guys :) 

18. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I added a digibash of Bufords Car to show that Big Daddy will work out perfect for the Sheriff car .

19. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    damn this is gonna be pretty sweet man any plans for the General Lee?

20. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Na not much of a fan of the Dukes.. But i think its already been done as well. This is just something i wanted to do for a while since i got my airbrush set up.