Minor/Repaint: [WiP] Universe Smallfoot

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by koh4711, Jul 18, 2010.

1. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    So, I finally decided to thin the ranks of my Transformers to be kitbashed and started work on this one. It's my first attempt at any real degree of kitbashing outside of repaints, so hopefully it's not too horrid. =p

I'm converting Universe Hound into Smallfoot. Right now, I've only finished the body mods, with painting to be begin soon(AKA when I get over my nerves about it). So ignore the rough paint tests that are currently visible on her... she's going to be cleaned up and sprayed soon.

[​IMG]

The two major mods are the removal of the original bumper(which I'm going to replace, as soon as I can find the right part) and slightly dremeling the legs so the feet can swing all the way up. The feet are taken from a Gundam model, though I'm not sure they'll be able to fold away for robot mode, so they might be parts-former-ish, though I'm still trying to think of a way to integrate them better. I've also trimmed back Hound's chin.

I think I'm going to mimic her original Gobots color scheme, primarily red with the blue on the waist and chest, and possibly on parts of the arms, with a few areas being either orange or yellow. I'm probably going to do some cleaning on the figure tonight and, if the humidity cooperates, start with the paint tomorrow.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    I would get some clear green plastic to make her visor. But i like the look. ;) 

3. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Heck,changing the clear blue to green will be quite a challenge. and how bout you change the head abit,to make it look like the fem-bot. from gobotron?

4. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

Perhaps just adding some clear yellow paint to the clear blue will suffice for green...otherwise just finding some clear and painting it with clear green...
    I think this is going to look nice when you're done!

5. Mathius Maximus

Mathius Maximus Well-Known Member

I think that's what he was going for. If you look at her go-bot head, it has a very similar shape to Hound's. That's why he got rid of Hounds "robot goatee". They both have a boxy outer helmet and a face inside. Hounds isn't quite as deep as the original smallfoot, which is more like a motormaster or something. It's his first TF kitbash, so he just might need some more practice before going crazy with face sculpts.

A suggestion though.. Hounds head has those two little bevels in the helmet on either side of his eyes. Filling in those gaps might completely change the look of his head, and give it a more smallfoot look. Shouldn't be terribly hard though. A little epoxy putty and sand it even with the rest of the sculpt.

I know my own personal mechanical abilities far oustripe any poor sculpting ability's I don't really have. ;) 

Mathius

6. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    I do have some PVC for the visor, I just didn't want to add it yet since I still needed to paint it over. For the clear blue on the windshield, I might just cut another piece of the PVC out and attach it to get the green window.

My sculpting skills are nigh non-existent, though I think I'm going to try the fill in you suggested, Mathius. It would also give me some extra contact points for the visor. I'd kind of like to add the slight "crown" the original figure had, but I'd have to do it via extra parts. Thankfully I've got a lot of scrapped Gundam parts I might be able to use, plus some random parts from car and plane models that might be able to fill the gap, there.

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Cool. Love the legs so far!

If you get discouraged halfway through from making Small Foot, you can just make it Gears instead. :) 

zmog