Heavy/Scratch: WiP Ultra Magnus (Movie Prime)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by CooljazCustoms, Oct 23, 2010.

1. CooljazCustoms

CooljazCustoms Autocon/Deceptibot

Ebay:
    Ultra Magnus (Movie Prime)

UPDATED 6-17-11 = so ts been some time that this figure has been sitting on my shelves. i finally got back to doing some more work to it. i know this mold is really out of date, but i didnt like it sitting there looking unfinished the way it did anymore. so, i went back and added and redid all the silver sections of the truck. added lots of lil detail all around.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

UPDATED 11-2-10 = Got some work on the head done, pics in post 8

ok, so after a few problems with how the white came out, and after lots of help from various people on the forum...Thank You to all of you who posted/contributed help to my dilemma..... i now have all the white re-done on the figure and it looks awesome.

i used a bit of several peoples suggestions to fix it...the parts that were already done, i just used 1000grit sandpaper to get it all back down and then did 2 light Primer layers, then a light coat of white, then another primer, then 4 light coats of white. for some reason this seemed to not let any red bleed thru at all, and it came out really white!

for the torso i first put down a layer of black primer, followed by grey primer to lighten it all up, then the whites, and it all matched up.

the figure still needs some things done to it....
    Arms and custom cannons are not painted/re-installed
    "air filters" not put back on
    still needs most of the Vehicle detailing as well as a bit more on the Robot mode
    the windows are still taped up as well

but here are a few pics of it so far(sorry the last one was done with my cell so its kinda blurry), and once again thanks for those who helps with the paint issue

Attached Files:

2. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

Thats looking great! Im glad you was able to sort it out.
    I knew the sandpaper idea would work.

3. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    WOW the white color (not realy a color I know :p ) looks even better that all my other Leader class primes ... it beats 2009 hooks/blades/buster, wow now finish it :D 

4. CooljazCustoms

Ebay:
    thanks!

and ya im hoping to be able to at least get the arms back on and the windows untapped by tomorrow so he is at least a complete figure again. then ill get to all the minor detailing :)  so more pics to come shortly

5. CooljazCustoms

Ebay:
    ok, so this is still only about 85% complete id say. it still needs....

1. "metal" truck pieces painted-currently primed
    2. minor details to the Truck Mode (i.e. a few lights and some silver trim pieces)
    3. start working on a custom head to resemble G1 Magnus
    4. finish custom cannons and figure where they can go if/when in Truck Mode( i usually keep them displayed in robot mode so might not be a big issue
    5. maybe some new smoke stacks as well

i think thats all, for now LOL. enjoy the pics

Attached Files:

6. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol, oh man, that was what I was thinking of doing with my leader class rotf prime I got recently.
    You have inspired me. Yours looks awesome!

7. CooljazCustoms

Ebay:
    thanks man.... there are quite a few awesome ones of these on this forum, its not to see what others are doing to get a feel for what you can do with the figure, but also add in your own creativity.

i went with this mold because it is bulkier than the ROTF mold, and with that one being a tad taller, this way they are kinda like "different" figures ya know.

8. CooljazCustoms

Ebay:
    did a little work on the head. i tried to mold it to look similar to a G1 style head, but also wanted to give it a little new age/movie appearance as well. pics were taken with my phone cuz my batteries died on my camera lat night :( 

should be able to get it actually painted sometime today or tomorrow tho

Attached Files:

9. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

Looking good. Dont forget that head wont fit under the cab roof flap now because of the longer "ears".

10. CooljazCustoms

Ebay:
    they are removable just incase i want to turn him back into a truck for pics or whatnot :D  and they can even be stored in the flap/compartment the head goes into, double checked the spacing on that before i cut them to length :) 

11. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

Ah good ok. I know ive done stuff like that before and ended up having to change things at the last minute because i didnt plan ahead enough so i figured id give a friendly "heads up" just incase. :) 

12. CooljazCustoms

Ebay:
    i have some finish pics of this that i still need to post...

but if anyone is interested in Trading, i would like to Trade this guy for a ROTF Leaderclass Prime and Jetfire. message me if you are interested.

Thanks

13. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

I think people will need to see finished pics first ;) 

14. CooljazCustoms

Ebay:
    here ya go, not the best pics in the world, my lighting was really bad and flash was too bright...

the head has been modified since these pics, there is an updated pic of it tho

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

The body looks really, really great.....The head unfortunately, not soo much. But keep at it, your works is very good.

16. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

What has happened to the feet? They look like they have melted. I dont think youd get anyone to part with two rotf leader toys for 1 2007 leader.

17. CooljazCustoms

Ebay:
    i have plastic wrap around them to protect the lights cuz i have it displayed on a wooded shelf LOL... and i know its not the best custom in the world, this was my very first complete repaint. but ive seen far less go for much much more $ wise... :D 

Thanks :) , the body was a pain in the ass... had to sand off all the white and redo it all cuz of a mishap with the clearcoat. the head was a bit tough to try to mold so it didnt look exactly like Prime still. so not a whole lot of added to it, just a ll something to help distinguish

18. CooljazCustoms

Ebay:
    so i got around to finally doing the finishing touches on this figure lol. been a LONG time since i touched this figure...oh well. anyways, i posted some Truck Mode pics on the first page, as well as this one right here. new bot pics to come....

[​IMG]

19. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    WOW keep it in truck mode forever man... SOOO BRUTE!!!!

20. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

that really is a nice white paint job man, good job, i havent tackled a white/custom paint job yet . due to the fear that i kno it might be a challenge =X