Minor/Repaint: [WIP] TrailBlaster

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Bobby Lemain, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It was really simple but it looks pretty good =)
    I don't have time atm to paint the guns red but he's basically finished... besides the fact that the KO has two right arms...

Attached Files:

2. primeone

primeone PRIME

News Credits:
    nice work. when they did the black soundwave they should have given him that head as to further differentiate him
    side note, you cant take the backwards arm off and reverse it?

3. primeone

primeone PRIME

News Credits:
    nice work. when they did the black soundwave they should have given him that head as to further differentiate him
    side note, you cant take the backwards arm off and reverse it?

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Cool. I really like what you did with him. Too bad about the arm, but, you could always just put a sticker on that side to help hide it. Keep up the great work.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Cool. I really like what you did with him. Too bad about the arm, but, you could always just put a sticker on that side to help hide it. Keep up the great work.

6. Bobby Lemain

the backwards arm is well... unreversable. (it came with two right arms and two left hands) but luckaly Jason Jupiter was kind enough to clear it up so when the replacement arm comes in the mail, i'll be able to fix it up and start painting to get up to 1.0 :) 
    (btw, jason rocks!)

7. Bobby Lemain

the backwards arm is well... unreversable. (it came with two right arms and two left hands) but luckaly Jason Jupiter was kind enough to clear it up so when the replacement arm comes in the mail, i'll be able to fix it up and start painting to get up to 1.0 :) 
    (btw, jason rocks!)

8. knockoff

knockoff Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hey, that's tight!

great work on the head ^_^ looks just like the catalog, ha!

- ko

9. knockoff

knockoff Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hey, that's tight!

great work on the head ^_^ looks just like the catalog, ha!

- ko

10. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    The legs are all silver and the tape door release button is red on the catalogue pics, are you gonna do those mods too?

Looking really sharp, BTW!

11. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    The legs are all silver and the tape door release button is red on the catalogue pics, are you gonna do those mods too?

Looking really sharp, BTW!

12. Bobby Lemain

I'm going to do the red tape release button, and some of the different stickers. but im not sure I'll do the legs all gray just yet... (to make it picture perfect I would need to use putty to fill in the gap where the "record sticker" is to make the front flush, then paint all the gray parts the same silverish color)

13. Bobby Lemain

I'm going to do the red tape release button, and some of the different stickers. but im not sure I'll do the legs all gray just yet... (to make it picture perfect I would need to use putty to fill in the gap where the "record sticker" is to make the front flush, then paint all the gray parts the same silverish color)

14. Bobby Lemain

I did some work to make some leg stickers in ms-paint but it came out pretty pixelated so, if anyone can do a quick "anti-staircased" pic for the leg stickers, help would be appreciated!
    [​IMG]
    on top of that I got working on the laserbeak stickers and the only good pic on hte net I could find and mock up was the cassette side, so I went to work, and an hour later I got this!
    [​IMG]
    I feel a tiny bit bad for slapping takara on the front but it just looks so kick ass with out the rubsign there...
    if anyone can help, scans/high-res pics of the wing stickers would be appreciated as those are the only stickers I need to do to finish the custom microchange scheme.

15. Bobby Lemain

I did some work to make some leg stickers in ms-paint but it came out pretty pixelated so, if anyone can do a quick "anti-staircased" pic for the leg stickers, help would be appreciated!
    [​IMG]
    on top of that I got working on the laserbeak stickers and the only good pic on hte net I could find and mock up was the cassette side, so I went to work, and an hour later I got this!
    [​IMG]
    I feel a tiny bit bad for slapping takara on the front but it just looks so kick ass with out the rubsign there...
    if anyone can help, scans/high-res pics of the wing stickers would be appreciated as those are the only stickers I need to do to finish the custom microchange scheme.

16. Bobby Lemain

well, I got the staircase effect fixed and since I ran out of double sided tape for my weird "DStape+paper+packaging tape" sticker idea, and I remembered I had CD labels so I printed them out onto that and stuck a layer of packaging tape ontop to add some gloss. I also got the weapons+cassette peice+cassette eject button painted red and completely finished the stickers on the KO laserbeak! (btw, I forgot to take a before pic...again. but the KO laserbeak had gold painted wings and gold on random parts in the middle (no red or stickers). Sooo, here are the pics!
    [​IMG]
    (cassette eject not pictured)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and thank you Defuzz for changing my thread title :) 

17. Bobby Lemain

well, I got the staircase effect fixed and since I ran out of double sided tape for my weird "DStape+paper+packaging tape" sticker idea, and I remembered I had CD labels so I printed them out onto that and stuck a layer of packaging tape ontop to add some gloss. I also got the weapons+cassette peice+cassette eject button painted red and completely finished the stickers on the KO laserbeak! (btw, I forgot to take a before pic...again. but the KO laserbeak had gold painted wings and gold on random parts in the middle (no red or stickers). Sooo, here are the pics!
    [​IMG]
    (cassette eject not pictured)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and thank you Defuzz for changing my thread title :) 

18. Bobby Lemain

[​IMG]
    I noticed that the Cassette Door stuck alot so I tore apart a pen I didn't need anymore and stuck a spring into the right place thus making the door work properly! yay!

[​IMG]
    I did some modding to the head to get it to fit onto the body (before I just had it sitting ontop of the tape deck) and after cutting the original pegs that went into the trailbreaker body, I sanded the corner smooth to make that stump comming off of the back of the head, and I drilled a hole to make room for the peg that the soundblaster head sat on. After some sanding here and there, the head was on the "peg/hinge" and I placed it back into its respective place and...
    [​IMG]
    It worked! sadly, since his head is too wide to fold into the square hold that held the soundblaster head, he cannot fully transform (leaving his head up in tape deck mode) but that doesn't bother me too much since I don't plan on displaying him in that mode anyways.

I got the replacement arm from Jason Jupiter and he was kind enough to give me a KO ravage! yay! So, once I finish reading The Count of Monte Christo I'll be able to start work on ravage and get both of his arms on so bot mode will be complete.

:) 

until then (my mom is holding the package from Jason hostage until I finish my homework) I'd better go back to reading my book... bleh

19. Bobby Lemain

[​IMG]
    I noticed that the Cassette Door stuck alot so I tore apart a pen I didn't need anymore and stuck a spring into the right place thus making the door work properly! yay!

[​IMG]
    I did some modding to the head to get it to fit onto the body (before I just had it sitting ontop of the tape deck) and after cutting the original pegs that went into the trailbreaker body, I sanded the corner smooth to make that stump comming off of the back of the head, and I drilled a hole to make room for the peg that the soundblaster head sat on. After some sanding here and there, the head was on the "peg/hinge" and I placed it back into its respective place and...
    [​IMG]
    It worked! sadly, since his head is too wide to fold into the square hold that held the soundblaster head, he cannot fully transform (leaving his head up in tape deck mode) but that doesn't bother me too much since I don't plan on displaying him in that mode anyways.

I got the replacement arm from Jason Jupiter and he was kind enough to give me a KO ravage! yay! So, once I finish reading The Count of Monte Christo I'll be able to start work on ravage and get both of his arms on so bot mode will be complete.

:) 

until then (my mom is holding the package from Jason hostage until I finish my homework) I'd better go back to reading my book... bleh

20. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Bobby, you could try enlarging the area for the head so the Trailbreaker head fits... I don't have my Hoist or Soundblaster right here, but I think it shouldn't be that drastic to get it to fit...

Other than the head thing, it looks good!