Minor/Repaint: WIP Steeljaw

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Auceps Prime, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    After seeing Vensta's Steeljaw that he created through sharpways I decided to make my own since he's not going to be releasing his because of cost.

I started modifieing the neck of my extra universe Ravages to Steeljaw by adding a G1 head and a new tail. I need some advice though shoud I do some more moding on the neck area so the head sets closer to the body, or should I leave as is. If I do this I lose some of the transformation which I was hoping to keep as much as possible. so what do you guys think?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• cat.jpg
      cat.jpg
      File size:
      9.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    What does the alt mode look like right now? What are you wanting modify right now?

3. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think it would look best if you completeley removed the mane and just left the head

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Nemisispringer is right, imo. Right now, his neck is way way way too long. The forelegs are more like mid-legs. Cut off the mane, or incorporate the mane into the body, it just doesn't work right now imho.

Also, i'd say sacrificing the transformation is better than this animal mode. Hate to put it so bluntly, but that's just how it is to me.

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i would just make his head there instead of ravages, then he would look like steeljaw without anything being sacrificed

6. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

I don't know whether it's possible since I don't own the figure, but would a sliding mechanism work to embed his head in to the body more, making him stockier?

7. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I'd actually bulk up the sides of the legs, change the angle of the neck so it sits a bit more down or.... (.......bright idea....) perhaps set the head recessed in a U of the body so that it fits a bit more in. In other words, cut a U in to either the body between the front legs, or into the head/mane so that the body fits, and then increase the bulk on the front and back sides. It would definitely change the Alt and possibly sacrifice it, but it would come over as a really REALLY good Universe Steeljaw.

8. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    my thoughts exactly. I was planing on doing some cutting into the mane of Steeljaw, but I wanted to get some input before I go and do something that might not look right. Thanks for your help guys... Your the best!

9. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd say try reposing his hind legs so he doesn't look like he's going to be mounted :lol .

but the Mane does need to either move back or be removed to make him more lion like and less like a giraffe

10. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

Let the Matrix guid you...[{O}]