Heavy/Scratch: WIP: Runabout

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by I AM MEGATRON, Mar 6, 2011.

1. I AM MEGATRON

I AM MEGATRON pleasure model

Well, its been a while since Ive done anything of this scale, but decided to give it a try. I also wanted to take part in SQ7's initiative of saving a poor poor tuner mudflap..but only just now got around to it..although..y'know..using a normal deluxe mudflap I had..since I have no distribution where I am now, let alone peg warmers...

Anyway, heres Runabout, I added a few pics just to get an idea of what it would like like in dark colours...hes made from a deluxe mudflap (obviously), and a bit of deluxe skidz. I cut his legs off at the ankles, and rebuilt some new legs, making him about 3/4 inches taller. removed the pin from mudflaps little arm, cut the slot a bit more, and put in the elbow joint from skidz big arm. Had to cut a section out of mudlfaps big arm, since it was alot longer. Removed the ball joint for the head, and made the shaft of a bigger ball joint into a sleeve, so it simply slides on top of the original post... I dont have as much time to work on stuff as I used to, so Im not sure when I'll do some gap filling and then painting, but here it is anyway.

Thanks for looking

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Jolt Customs

Jolt Customs Seacon

that is AWESOME!!! i think his name should be ranamuck because of mudflap. STILL EITHER WAY IT IS AWESOME!

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Thinking about it, these moulds actually make good sense for the Battlechargers, even if they transform differently, because they've got similar appearances without actually being identical. This guy's looking so good, you could almost tempt me to actually buy one of these moulds.

4. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

wow.. this actually really good man, cant wait to see the end. u did a awesome job on the legs

5. I AM MEGATRON

I AM MEGATRON pleasure model

thanks, I'm trying to move towards more scratchbuilding these days

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Tuner Mudflap and I love you.

This looks great! :thumb 

7. Sanchimaru

Sanchimaru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wanted to do exactly THIS! I'm glad to see that someone else also thought of it :)