Heavy/Scratch: WIP ROTF Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Jbarb78, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Jbarb78

Jbarb78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sorry to tease you all, but I just couldnt hold it in anymore. I decided to revisit my original Sunstreaker repaint with the intention of making something nobody has ever seen. I've gotten the first few steps done, and so far it's going great. Got a lot more to do before I post progress pics, dont want to give away too much just yet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  2. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    cool

3. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    Any vehicle mode pictures?

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Sweet

5. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

I'll keep an eye on this one.....peep the pics comming please. look great.

6. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    Looking good.

7. Jbarb78

Ebay:
    Here's where I'm at so far, I finished sanding and smoothing the spoiler out and got it positioned where I want it. I also finished the front fender mod, nothing new to most of you but the first time I've tried it. I've still got 3 other mods left to do before I'm finished, should be done with those tomorrow. I'm using JB Weld now for all my final gluing, since I've found that super glue is quite temporary, which is good since I plan to take the spoiler off and try to make a resin mold from it. I'll sand the JB down on the front fenders and you'll never know the difference. The look I'm going for here is one that appears to have came that way from Hasbro.

Attached Files:

8. Jbarb78

Ebay:
    Finished the blade mod, joining the pieces together with JB Weld, then smoothing them out. I put on a thin layer of Squadron Green Putty using a razor blade, then sanded it smooth with an emory board. This stuff is great because the low spots are left green after you sand down to the original material. I'll probably do this step again after priming, since low spots are more visible then. Now the blades are ready for what I want to do with them. Only a few more mods left and this baby is ready for paint.

Attached Files:

9. Jbarb78

Ebay:
    Quick update, finally got 2 more mods done, camera is down so I cant post pics. I've also started making the mold for the spoiler, hoping to make those available to everyone in the next week for your Sideswipe customs, or any other you think you wanna put em on. I'm taking my time on this one, I'm gonna make a couple mods to his arms and his head still, and I'm gonna use some LEDs as well.

10. Jbarb78

Ebay:
    Well, as of today I've finished most of the mods to his alt mode that I wanna do, and the glue is drying on the robot mods. The casting of parts didnt work out like I'd hoped, guess he'll just have to be a one-off custom. Having difficulties with the LED's right now, hoping to have them sorted out tomorrow so I can paint him and get him done. More pics to come.

11. Jbarb78

Ebay:
    This is turning out to be a pain in the ass, but I'm determined to get it done. Had to rework my door relocation, the parts I used originally kept breaking off. Also having difficulties getting the micro LED's to solder properly, ordered some that are slightly larger. Here's the underside view, with the new door hinge assembly, and some other mods you might be able to spot.

Attached Files:

12. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    looks like hot rod with the yellow spoiler

i pm'd ya

13. HAIL_KING_PRIME

HAIL_KING_PRIME Well-Known Member

hey im doin the same sorta thing! sorta lol ! i'll start a thread when i get myself a cam to take some bloody pix lol! i used a roadbot racing vette body and tossed all the shitty roadbot robot parts and rebody's a cannon BB! but the wheelbase suits BB/sideswipe and baricade with only minor mods! i dunno maybe you could steal some parts from a roadbot to make it more accurite AND easyer

14. Jbarb78

Ebay:
    Only thing I need to lock down now is the ground effects and install the LED's and this bad boy is ready for paint. Since I relocated the blades, I was trying to mod the arms to have cannons, but they interfere with his transformation. I still want to keep it transformable, so I'm looking for a way to make it work and still look cool.

15. Jbarb78

Ebay:
    Started painting today, decided that the ground effects I had planned for the alt mode would be a little too much. My led's wont be in for another week atleast so I figured I'd finish everything else but that in the meantime. Here's one piece that's finished so far, gonna hit it hard tomorrow.

Attached Files:

16. Jbarb78

Ebay:
    More pics, painting moving along nicely. Wishin I had those LED's right now, but oh well. Thninking about doing a G1 schemed Sideswipe to go with this one while I wait for lights. Should have him cleared and ready for assembly tomorrow.

Attached Files:

17. Shinobitron

Shinobitron Cybertronian Ninja

Ebay:
    What are you using for your yellow paint, it seems to be coming out super smooth. :) 

18. Jbarb78

Ebay:
    It's a custom mix of Tamiya Acrylics, using Lemon Yellow and a pinch of Copper to darken it up and give it a little metal flake. All of the yellow was airbrushed, everything else was thinned down til it was like milk and then brushed on in 2-3 coats.

19. Jbarb78

Ebay:
    Finished painting today, letting the clear coat dry overnight before assembly. A few paint tricks I never tried before actually worked out, a very nice surprise. And I was able to get the light situation solved, another plus. I'll post a new thread with lots of pics of the finished figure tomorrow. Here's a sneak peak.

Attached Files: