Minor/Repaint: WIP: Rotf PrimeS (plural yes)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by fateastray, Nov 1, 2009.

1. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

Hi!

Have been working on these Primes I got for a while now. Optimus turned out great. Base-coated him in a Coal-Black, dry-brushed with polished aluminum (shiniest, most-reflective metallic non-chrome paint I could find) and used Metallic Blue for the ... blue ... The red is clear red over polished aluminium. Some gold and copper details here and there and it was pretty much done. He needs some sealing and I can make truckmode pics etc. The flames don't look as nice as retail, but I painted them by hand and they were a b*tch as is!

I have a problem though!!! And I would like some input here. It's about my Nemesis Prime below. All went well, until I broke his shoulder off. I glued it back on, but now he's not gonna be able to transform. I'm close to tossing him out the window.

What do you guys think? Finish him, because he could still be a nice display piece? I'm also leaning towards just glueing all sort of stuff to him, to make a sort powered-up Nemesis Prime Statue thing.

I don't like it when a Transformer, made to be able to transform, doesn't transform...

Attached Files:

2. OldsCut78

OldsCut78 Laser Rod

Maybe you can find a cheap one for sale to use for parts. Does not seem right to throw something out you spent so much time on. Either way great job on them.

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DO IT!! Lol, they look great man, and yea, I'd say finish nemesis prime, n get him done as a display piece.

4. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DO IT!! Lol, they look great man, and yea, I'd say finish nemesis prime, n get him done as a display piece.

5. fateastray

Yea I now want to glue all sorts of junk on to him, but I don't have a lot of junker toys...Just now, I added a shoulder cannon, which has a wire running to his back. I also added a wire from his back to his elbow..I could use a GI JOE giant gun for an arm cannon, maybe. Hmm...Ideas...

6. fateastray

I've been glueing 'stuff' to Nemesis, although I don't really have a lot to work with =/ I don't have a lot of junkers, really.

All in all, he's, at least, decent for display...

pic:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. OptimusPrimal13

OptimusPrimal13 Dutch Radicon

Look what I find here! Another Dutch Radicon. Nice job.

8. fateastray

Yeah, being a pleasant surprise is a habit of mine. Ahum.

Thanks, though. I should make a topic for my Optimus, but gawd, 'another'?

9. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

hows ur nemesis going? i just made a decision to make one myself today lol

10. GerardusMaximus

GerardusMaximus Deceptocreep

We share the same sentiment whats a transformer if it cant transform at all? I can be fix!

11. fateastray

@Wylungz: The only thing since the last picture is some more silvercoloured flames. Since he can't transform anymore, I want to glue/add more wires and guns and whatnot, but I don't have any material. =/ So for now, he's finished, but I don't want him to be, know what I mean?

If you don't connect the torso-piece and don't push the head all the way onto the collar, he looks a little hunched over and he has more head articulation. I'm thinking of filling the gap in the torso with something, so he's like a little hunched-over all the time.

GerardusMaximus: Glue broken pieces = not transforming EVER!

As for now, he makes a very nice display-piece (On the floor =/ I ran out of shelf)

12. wylungz

ya that sucks wen u dont have materials and u just sit there and think of what u can do or use to finish him... i've had so many customs that i havent finished cuz i couldn't find the right pieces or materials and i just totally forgot about them and moved on haha..

but hey. im sure ur nemesis prime is prob like 99% complete .. just missing some guns or something .. u can still be worth showing off!

13. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Better pics, please. That nemesis looks armed to the teeth!

Brawl and Prime are lookin' good as well.

14. fateastray

I should make a seperate topic for Prime and update the Brawl topic I made earlier. I still feel like I want to do something to make Nemesis less Optimus (or something).

the wires come from an old (OLD) external HD pc housing. The shoulder cannon is from a 1/144 Gundam Wing ShenLong model with a Heavy Arms gun. It's a little smaller than I would've liked, but oh.

The gun on the right arm is from GI Joe ROC Ripcord, the one on the left is from TFTM Prime. The barrel is made from his smokestacks. I want to bulk up his legs still, so i'm thinking of putting more of TFTM Prime's limbs and whatnot on there. =p

Better pics will come, when I see if I can execute some of the ideas I have in my head.

Oh, and the gold accents from the first pic, were all painted silver, as in the second one.

15. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

You know what I'd think be cool? A flip-down targeting reticle for his eye, a nice "Evil" set of swords, a BFG cobbled together from whatever weapons you can find, just massively destructive, but believable in the TFTM style. I love your work, so I know you will make him even mode badd ass than it is. Love the shoulder light. :thumb 

16. fateastray

Thanks! I have, for example, a sword and some guns, but that would mean having to have to sacrifice the completion of some old figures, like Beast Wars and Action Man, which I had since I was a child. I think I'll get maybe some cheapass budget soldier figures and use whatever I can find.

But oh, it's not like I have a deadline. I will run into something eventually. And I got something to keep me occupied until then (Ordered Alternity Megatron WHoosh!)

Thanks for the compliment too, it's really nice to read.

17. fateastray

Okay, he's stupidly armed right now, and it's all your fault haha. I just about attached ANYTHING I could find. He has a BFG, a warrior-axe/staff and a machine gun. All these are attachable just about anywhere on the body since they're equipped with twisty-ties (stupid BUT innovative)

He also sorta hunches over a bit, because I detached his torsopiece. It's permanent, because I installed TFTM PRime's rear wheelwell into the cavaty. The other wheelwell is mounted onto his shoulder to add bulk.

He still has cannons on either arm. He's stupidly armed indeed!! It's almost a parody of a strong Transformer.

Haha, can't believe I used twisty ties.............

I made some pictures, but they're done at evening. When the light allows it, better pictures will come, so excuse me for now.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. wylungz

cant wait! lol just wondering u put the back wheels from TFTM prime on his back? lol i'd have to see better angles to see how it looks =P