Heavy/Scratch: WIP: ROTF Leader Megaton w/ Hands and Murder Arm!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Zildjian, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ROTF Leader Megaton w/ Hands and Murder Arm! TANK PICS ADDED! 7/30

Tank pictures added below!

Been working on him for a few weeks now and I am 99% done, I am just waiting for the "tank" arm to be finished so he can transform.

Megatron features a completely custom built "murder arm" that was formed from his tank arm as well as random fodder from my parts bin. It also has a fully functioning red LED with switch mounted inside. The batteries are replaceable as well.

His second right arm is scratch built from a TFTM Megatron with a hand from pieces of a Spawn Interlink figure. The left arm is completely new and is also from a TFTM Megatron with a hand from pieces of a Spawn Interlink figure. Both arms are fully moveable, have ratcheting joints, and are tight.

Megatron was disassembled, primed with self etching primer, base coated with alclad glossy black, over coated with alclad chrome, and accented with alclad titanium, aluminum, and gunmetal. All accents were hand painted with tamiya and model masters acrylics, and then finally sealed with several light coats of clear lacquer. Whew..... Anyway, here are the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking and all comments are welcome.

Attached Files:

2. IF_IR_IE_IE_ID

IF_IR_IE_IE_ID USAF Seeker

Ebay:
    the best Megz since FR's take on Megatron...maybe the best one yet...good work

3. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

That's the BEST modification of the gimp-arm on ROTF Megatron I've EVER seen!

4. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    This. That arm is freaking perfect.

5. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hmmm, those arms look familiar.....

Looks good!!

6. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    How does the non-gimp arm work for transformation? Do you have to take it off? I need to get another TFTM Megatron.

7. Zildjian

News Credits:
    Folds under with a little modification to the underarm.... it gives it a bit of a bulkier, more Cybertronian look. I actually like the look of it with the murder arm as the cannon of the tank. And since the tank was never "truly" seen on screen I like that fact that it can be open to interpretation.

8. Ramp4ge

Ramp4ge Active Member

while I think all the movie bots are an abomination, it is an insanely good mod and paints are top notch as well.

9. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    This looks awesome! :)  Great mods and even better paintjob. 5 stars!

My only crit would be that the right arm (when the 'hand' is attached) looks a little too long compared to the left arm.

10. X5452

X5452 Cylons get no respect!!

Great Megatron!! I'm working my way up to a Leader custom but I have started picking up parts for my Megatron. So I have to ask how exactly did you mount the spawn hands I picked up some but I don't know were I should cut them at? Any info would be nice!

11. encline

News Credits:
    Just pull them off of the back pack thing. There is a little part that can be epoxied into place!!!

12. X5452

thanks for the info encline! Is it better to put the hand or shoulder pack on a ball joint or just epoxy it straight to the arm?? What's better??

13. encline

News Credits:
    Well, I epoxied a socket into the arm and a ball joint(after a little dremel action) into the "hand" The part where all the fingers are attached, the "palm" if you will, has a little knob on the backside that can be very useful!

14. X5452

ok after I get done with my Jazz I will probably work on my Megatron I was able to pick up to TFTM megatrons really cheap one complete and one junker! I like the look of that one but after seeing all the ROTF Megatron I'm tempted to by pass the TFTM Megatron! What do you think? But I will say that I I'm still a newbie I only have one and a half customs under my belt so I probably should stay away from a leader custom, right??

15. encline

News Credits:
    My first was two leaders. KNOCK THEM OUT!!

16. theone26

theone26 Member

Awesome work, if you can change the color of that LED light to blue then it'll be even more realistic just like from the movie.

17. Zildjian

News Credits:
    I did pretty much teh same thing. I used the handle on the back of the spawn hands as an anchor when the joint is not flexing. I love the spawn interlink figures, I have used them on NUMEROUS customs of all toy lines for years.

18. cypherXR

cypherXR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm just starting out as a customizer and I'd really like to know how you got the texture on Megatron. Especially that crinkled look on his right shoulder where the glyphs are. I think that's a very awesome effect and it works so perfectly for him. Any help would be much appreciated. Oh and did you ink those glyphs on?

19. Zildjian

News Credits:
    PM back at you!

20. X5452

ok I have looked at you custom a couple of times and it's great I did notice like mampy that the right arm is slightly longer but I think it could be the camera angle I'm not sure. But again it's great!!