Minor/Repaint: WIP: RotF Fireflight

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by koh4711, Jun 20, 2009.

1. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    Well... I think I've finally worked up the nerve to post my work in progress repaint of RotF Breakaway. I absolutely love this mold, especially following Jin's mods, and I knew I wanted to give this a shot for my first extensive RotF repaint.

Anyhow, this is a RotF take on Fireflight, still needing a lot of touch-up on the paint. I'm using Testors paint markers and Gundam markers, as well as Sharpies and Micron pens for the details work(a lot of which hasn't been added yet). Living in a fairly enclosed apartment, I haven't quite figured out a way to do airbrushing or spraying just yet. The nose cone is a pain to paint, because of the material. There will be Autobrands on his wings, and perhaps a few other details once the paint's done.

I've started work to change the gatling gun on his arm into a flame thrower, as well. I'm trying to figure out how much I can get away with adding while still maintaining his transformation. I'll probably play with it more once I get the paints settled.

Also... anyone have any idea what I might use to seal down the paints and line markings? Even after extensive drying time, the paint keeps coming up when I transform him. I suspect better quality supplies might help, but I want to wait to see how these turn out before I invest in anything too fancy.

Attached Files:

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    He's pretty cool. I like the red.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I like the way you worked the wing details into the molded sections under the wing. Lets him have both stylized and "realistic" paintjobs at the same time.

4. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    Personally, would of thought...
    Breakaway whould of been better as a Slingshot repaint since the F35B "i think" was Replacing the harrier and all...:confused: 

but any way that is Excellent!!!:thumbs2: