Heavy/Scratch: WIP Roadbuster

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Dicron, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Dicron

Dicron Well-Known Member

Here's a quick look at my current project. I'm fanatically reshaping a voyager "Fury of Bonecrusher" Ironhide into everyone's favorite walking arsenal. I was originally inspired by the number of weapons Ironhide came with (seriously, every single gun in the pack was his, poor useless deformed Bonecrusher...) and the way his transformation appeared in the package, though that idea had to be abandoned as the spring-loaded autochange feature made it impossible to keep the hood both in the desired place and transformable.

I cast about for several days trying to decide what to do for a replacement head for Ol' Buster, and finally bit the bullet and put Ironhide's head to the knife. I'm pretty pleased with the result; he still looks a bit Bayish for my taste, but it pulls it off.

This brasshole is taking me longer than usual to paint, though, since he's a movie model and essentially a shellformer with lots of odd pieces, as well as the aforementioned autochange features being difficult to take apart and reassemble correctly, though the only one I left in was in the feet.

I've actually used very little outside what came with the figure, but there is an insignia from RID Magnus, a couple of rocket launchers from Straxus, a barrel from an unidentified cheap plastic gun, and what I think used to be a rocket launcher from a 12" G.I. Joe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Drekar

Drekar Well-Known Member

it looks great man, better than the movie roadbuster wit stupid cap and mullet. Lookin forwardto seein him finished. Will he transform back into a truck witout the fender shoulder guards?

3. Dicron

Dicron Well-Known Member

Certainly, I've modded it so the fender connects via pegs and can be removed and placed on the front in truck mode as normal.

4. Algernon

Algernon Radicon Acolyte

News Credits:
    Makes for a pretty cool Roadbuster!

5. Dicron

Dicron Well-Known Member

Here's another WIP pic of Roadbuster and I'm having a bit of a conflict. I've tried to stick to Roadbuster's G1 coloration as much as possible, but I love the way the weapons look in gunmetal. The question is, do these two great tastes taste great together?

[​IMG]

6. Drekar

Drekar Well-Known Member

The paintjob looks great, guns look fine as is, but mebbe some green detailin on the guns would make it stand out even more, course I cant say cause I jus painted all his guns metal green when I did mine cause I suck at detailin, but looks amazin either way