Heavy/Scratch: WIP Revoltech Triplets Prowl Bluestreak Smokescreen

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by robvega214, Sep 21, 2009.

1. robvega214

robvega214 Mp5_Brut

UPDATE Revoltech Triplets Prowl Bluestreak Smokescreen

Ive been workin on these for a while now..on and off....
    i still have quite a ways to go before im completely done..with all paint applications and decals.....some of the paint is temporary...
    i added mini revoltech joints to the Wing Doors....so they can be adjusted .
    im still missing the car roofs that go inbetween the doors....i actually have them done...just need to be painted n glued on....
    For the original hand guns...i'll hydroshrink a g1 gun...and make resin casts.
    Also made..are shoulder weapons......a set made from the smokestacks of prime.
    The other set is made from the starscream Megatron gun...simple mod.....and The Missle launchers are actually from a KingToys Mini Seeker...
    i accidently broke the right horn on Prowl....since it was the original styrene piece..if was a bit fragile....the resin casted version is more durable...
    OK, the paints....rather than usin original stale colors....i went with White Pearls...and metallics...besides these are revoltechs..and fancy they are...
    Blue/silver Streak...i actually couldnt decide which version to make of him...so i mixed some silver with a tint of blue.....
    Smokescreen....rather than goin with the skyblue'ish color he is..i slapped him with a light metallic blue....i might go lighter on the next 1 i make...for a more accurate anime color.
    Prowl and Bluestreak use the 280zx model
    Smokescreen uses the 240z model
    let me know what u think....any ideas ...or input.

*UPDATE*
    Finally got around to adding the paint details...and some decals...
    Prowl is pretty much DONE ...cept for a few missin Autobot insignias....
    my printer isnt great so i didnt bother tryin for tiny logos.
    Gave him his G1'ish gun
    Bluestreak also DONE....i finally threw the guns on his shoulders....they are removable n adjustable....
    Smokescreen....well he's about 70%...still missin a few paint applications and i have yet to Prep his boots.
    yea i know the pix arnt great...bare with me...im usin a Cell Cam..
    enjoy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  2. rampageSSS

rampageSSS All Hail Rampage

News Credits:
    Finally posting up a thread for these!
    Man they look incredable! Looks like they just came out of the factory they are that good
    Keep the updates with these!

3. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Looking good. A lil more work and the decals, and you'll be all set. :thumb 

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

These are really nice so far.

5. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those are incredible, can't wait to see the finished pics

6. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

okay first I gotta say I love them and secondyou got the models of the cars wrong, by the way I am a HUGE Datsun fan so I know what I'm talking about here okay guys. The weren't Nissan Fair lady zx's they were based of Datsun z's the original z's before Nissan bought them out. Prowl was correct a 240Z while blue streak was a 260Z, this I know because my father had BOTH 240Z and 260Z and I told him once when he was alive he had to repaint them properly to represent Prowl and Blue Streak and he laughed. Smoke Screen was the only 280Z reason being is the
    240Z was a sports car for extreme speeds it being a 2 seat vehicle, ever been in one? with the original engine it feels like it is flying trust me.
    260Z was a family sports car this still had faster speeds but not as fast as the 240Z it also had 4 seats
    Finally the 280Z was a rally car it fatter then it's older brothers but still had the grunt of the 240Z for rally performance. A stock standard issue was given out which was made more for as a family car more so then the 260Z.
    The reason why these are clearly obvious is
    1/ 240Z police car high speed chaces
    2/ 260Z family sports car (this was made way before the 280Z family sports car)
    3/ 280Z Rally performance vehicle
    Why are these obvious it fitted into the show "Robots in Disguise". Sorry to rant as I said I LOVE what you have done but I had to correct you there bro I am so sorry but still the differences to a Datsun lover are obvious but to some one not so they aren't plus it is very difficult to really tell the proper differences unless like I said you are a true Datsun lover.

7. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I could not tell you made these from Starscream and Megatron. Wow.

8. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

I love Revoltech, and I love it when it's show accurate. Dude, major props, they're just so sick!! Obviously, a little run to the finish line...man, I can't wait to see this completely complete!! Great job!

.....umm, what's hydroshrink?! That's a new one...

9. robvega214

robvega214 Mp5_Brut

Thanx for the love n info on the datsun models Grim King..............
    lol Solrac....they are actually made of Rev Prime/Magnus and a lil of Hotrod.
    Lotus...hydroshrink is a gel like substance...that u add water to.....u mix the stuff..n place into the mold.....it sets in about a MINUTE...so u dont have much workin time....once it "hardens" u let it set...and it begins to shrink......Shrinkage of the cast depends on how much water u use.. the more water u use..the more it shrinks....till it finally reaches a set point.....Then u take that piece n make a Mold of it....
    Mike! hows that beachcomber comin along.

10. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

These make me sad that Revoltech has stopped making more Transformers related figures. I guess this is were you come in:) . I have to agree with rampageSSS, these look factory. And just like your Jazz, these guys look fantastic. Can't wait to see these completed. Keep us posted. Also, love the little door-wings.

11. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Wow. These are awesome. Can't wait for the final versions. Totally want a set for myself! =)

12. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Those guys look awesome! Nice work so far! :thumb 

13. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll forever maintain that this is what the Action Masters should have become! Fantastic work on these sir, I'm happy to see more Revoltech love being shown! :thumbs2: 

14. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

My only beef with these is the shoulders - I really don't like the boxy shoulders you used - I would have used Hot Rod's, as they're more rounded in shape.

But that's just me. Otherwise, they're great. (and maybe a different, cartoon-inspired head for Smokescreen - give him that big blocky deal his animation model had.)

15. robvega214

robvega214 Mp5_Brut

i thought about the big blocky head...but then there wouldnt be much articulation .....he'd be pretty stiff lookin........as far as the shoulders go.....they look boxy in the toon.........cept in the toy they are a bit smaller due to transformation issues...:thumbs2: 

16. thrustjet24

thrustjet24 Well-Known Member

These look amazing. Can't wait to see the completed product. Are these going to be for sale? I would love to get a Revoltech Prowl.

17. robvega214

robvega214 Mp5_Brut

possibly.....:wink: 

18. thrustjet24

thrustjet24 Well-Known Member

I'm definitely interested in Prowl.....and maybe Bluestreak too. :D 

19. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they are awesome....I wish that I could have one.

20. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Agreed. If the transformation gimmick is removed, at least they could have more "action" :lol 

These look great :thumb