Heavy/Scratch: WIP: Project Combiner

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by VBBN, Aug 18, 2012.

1. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Hey everyone
    I decided to take on a custom combiner. I have two possible combinations, though I'm not sure which I prefer just yet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Or if I should do a mix between the two or what. This combiner will either be a new take on Bruticus, or a totally new and custom combiner that is a worthy rival of Bruticus in terms of strength for the Autobots. Now obviously these limbs will require a LOT of work to make them actual limbs while retaining some sense of their g1 self if i make this Bruticus, and that is what I'm looking forward to doing.

EDIT: Decided on making this a Battle Gaia

Right now the only official thing is that I'll be using energon landmine as the torso.
    [​IMG]
    Not sure if I'll keep the tread/hands for powerlinx mode as shoulder extensions as shown here or use them for limb attatchments. As for how i did the feet, I removed the hinged balljoint piece that holds on the blades and just use the peg to hold the feet on Funny enough, the feet are actually MORE stable in robot mode because the blades can sit more firmly in the pegs on his legs.

OR there is option

Attached Files:

2. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    You should make a Movie-verse Battle Gaia, using Blackout,Wreakage,Brawl,and Starscream(?).

3. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Considering doing that as well. And I'm not too sure what I want to do with starscream yet, I want a proper rocket ship for the arm if I do Bruticus or battle Gaia, just have to engineer it right, need to get a shuttle shell.

4. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Or you could use Air Raid? Air Raid - Transformers 3 Main Line - TFW2005

I mean, it's not a space shuttle, but it sort of works.:) 

5. truesoundwave

truesoundwave the true word.....

do battle gaia to many bruticus lately...

6. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

I think the second pic is a better start. Using Voyager Blackout/Skyhammer? and ROTF Voyager SScream looks to funky IMO, I think they're too big. I might rethink the left arm (chopper) of the second pic too as he looks a tad too small but just IMO. Hope you figure something that works out well man!

7. Moriamur

Moriamur Stunticons... COMBINE!!!

hmmm, this is looking interesting; Also in terms of what bots/cons to use as limbs..?

I personally would say go for option 2, however switch Searchlight around with Blackout since for a Voyager class toy, Blackout in robot mode is more Deluxe sized and makes for a pretty good looking arm

Also concerning your thoughts on using the powerlinx arms of Landmine for the combiner arms/hands, I'd say go for it; the more intergrated the combiner kibble is, the better is what I always say... Okay not always, but yeah...

Overal you are off to a really good start here, will be keeping an eye out on this one

8. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

No love for Ruination? :lol 

Joking aside, this looks quite interesting. As some others have posted, I think you'll get a better result with option two but I agree with Moriamur, you might want to consider switching out Searchlight with Blackout. As for the treads/hands from the Landmine mold, I'm kinda torn, since they look pretty good as torso extensions but I think they'll make for some pretty cool claws in combiner mode. All in all, nice start.