Minor/Repaint: [WIP] Prime Wheeljack's Ship - The Jackhammer

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Nefud, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge Prime fan, I'm not a huge Cyberverse fan, but for some reason I had to have the Cyberverse Jackhammer, and I thought some paint could improve it quite a bit. I know I've got more work to do (especially cleaning up some paint slop), but I wanted to get all of your input and suggestions.

Specifically, I'm considering painting all the transparent parts matte black (except the windscreen, where I've already done all the work I'm going to). I'm also thinking of painting all the parts molded in red that gunmetal grey color on the lower...front fin? Whatever you call it.

Lastly, screencaps of this dang thing are hard to find so if you have any, or any suggested episodes that feature it, that would also be much appreciated.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Luscanun

Luscanun Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Episodes featuring it are Loose Cannons and Triage (most screen time for it I believe)

3. Flexx Ark

Flexx Ark Cyberverse Completionist

News Credits:
    Looking forward to how this turns out ......

4. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 Getting a job to buy TFs.

News Credits:
    I thought it was the Starhammer...

5. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

It's Starhammer on the box and Jackhammer on the show. Or maybe vice versa? I wasn't kidding when I said I wasn't the show's biggest fan. :) 

6. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

It is Starhammer on tje box and Jackhammer in the show. Check out the 2eps mentioed for an accurate olor scheme.

7. Attobot2006

Attobot2006 Well-Known Member

I wanna customize one too, but give it real 3-D nacelles/intakes, not those FLAT 2-D plastc fake nacelle which fold outward into wings! You should do that too before painting it, just my suggestion. The fake nacelles look so dorky.

8. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

The nacelles on the show are so thin that they are basically only 2-dimensional. I think any attempt to thicken them up would be really problematic.

9. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I don't collect TF Prime toys, either, but saw this at a really reduced price and decided to get it for my movie Cyberverse toys. I'm thinking of painting the whole thing darker, making it look more like a movie toy...

10. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sounds like a great plan, I like all the ideas set out.

Episodes for it are Season 1: Con Job

Season 2-Loose Cannons and Triage. Triage has the most time of it on screen, but I think in Con Job you see it crash landed and being worked on in the background at the end of the ep--so you should get some good use out of it

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    What work do you have to show us right now? From the looks of it, you're showing us a photo of this toy as is. Please update this thread with a photo showing custom work that you have done so far, thanks.

12. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

A. If that's an honest question it's indistinguishable from an attempt to be a jerk.

B. For the record, the inside/outside front portions of the nacelles have been painted (required a total repaint as it was near-impossible to match the factory colors), there's black detailing on the nose, black detailing on the "screws" of the nacelles, black detailing on the windscreen to make the vaguely t-shaped pattern shown in the TV show, black detailing on the middle-bottom of the nacelles, and red detailing on the inside front of the nacelles.

C. Your lack of familiarity with the toy in question is not my problem.

13. Taiki

Taiki Well-Known Member

whoa, chill man.
    Superquad's the mod here... he's just trying to do his job... :) 

14. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

It sounded like snark and I was having a horrible day. Still am. If he sincerely didn't see what I did, I apologize.

15. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Take it as a compliment. Your paint apps are so well done, they look like they were done by the factory!