Minor/Repaint: WIP - Powerizer Optimus small Mods

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TCracker, Mar 26, 2012.

1. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Not going to lie to you. I like this mold. Even with the FE, this guy sold me on the non cheating windows alone.

So I am in a small pet project to make him better. This might take a while, but I hope in the end, the result should be satisfying.

So far what I have done :

Provided clearance for the knee to bend further

Gave him articulated fingers

And try to provide his elbow with more clearance.

Note: I will try to see if doing a waist joint/rotation is possible or not. One thing I notice is the lever that facilitates the transformation of the chest windows compresses inside him and it gets in the way. Will explore further.

And there is another thing about his cape. Something i have yet to ponder how to fold it so it doesn't look too jarring. That is also part of the long term plan to make him look better without sacrificing transformation.

Thanks for looking.

EDIT: 30th March - He is more or less done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the backpack.
    1) Cut the cape into half (the one with the smokestacks)
    2) Connect the lower part and the upper part of the cape with any connector. Here I used a junker gundam connector
    3) Take a connector that fits into the plug hole of the tyre rims.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alt mode pics I will post when the paint is cured and when I return in 2 days time.

Attached Files:

2. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks cool so far! How'd you do the hands? If U can pull off a good backpack mod I may have to copy you. If he had a better backpack I would not have bought FE prime :lol 
    I think his truck mode is much more accurate than FE also, but his backpack just kills me.
    Good luck with the backpack it seems tricky as there is not a ton of room in there and you've got 2 panels that need to fold. I hope you can figure it out!

3. anikenvader

anikenvader Stuff & Things

News Credits:
    Ditto. I've just decided I have to get a second megs to mod and make a factory custom. I may have to replicate this off of you. Looks goo so far, I love the mods.

4. lhandlott

lhandlott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Where you got the hands from ? I like that

5. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    I think I might have worked something out for the backpack. But currently the concept is parts forming, but will improve the aesthetics of the figure as a whole. Will try to post something tonight.

Thanks, appreciate it.

Those are Hobby Base Hands 1/144 scaled. It is available at hlj.com

BTW, I love your customs, they look slick :thumb 

6. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Update: Managed to compress the backpack. But as mentioned, he is now partsforming but does not affect the alt mode.

[​IMG]

Using the hole on the wheel, I managed to use a connector joint by fitting it at the back of the cape and plug it into the wheel.

[​IMG]

Note that I am not done with the upper part of the stacks yet. I will either use a hinge to make it fold and compress or a connector joint / ball joint to make it tab into the other pieces. This route will make it parts forming, but that is all I have at the moment.

7. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

I knew someone would do this at some point. Thank you. I love this mold. I don't know why it gets so much flak. I have the FE but I have been waiting for someone to actually finally do this. Thank you!

8. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Thanks. Appreciate it.

Anyways, here is a mock up what he will look like after I install the hinge or ball joint later tonight. The backpack is kinda big, but better than the cape, methinks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really enjoy the work you've done here, bud :thumb 

10. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Thanks, Allen! Still some way to go as I am planning a full repaint and also clean up those nasty cut lines.

Here are 2 more pics of the front and the back (so-called backpack now...)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Taiki

Taiki Well-Known Member

Nice. XD
    You intending to make the weapons as well? Seems all that extra articulation would make him a better double blader/gunner than FE. XD

12. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    I will be kitbashing some weapons once the main figure is done. Probably his usual blasters and his sword.

13. Taiki

Taiki Well-Known Member

cool. XD looking forward to seeing it. XD

14. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love what you did here. I never liked the chest panel on FE and didn't like the cape on RID. You did a great thing here for TFP RID Prime.

15. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Beautiful. I wish I had the technical skills/balls to do stuff like this. I love this mold too!

16. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Thanks all, he is pretty much done, I will be working on the paint tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only disappointment I have is that the backpack is partsforming.

17. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I have been working on some weapon mods of the existing ones that he comes with that might fit this really well. I do like the folding back, although I really like the hands that come with the original, only because of how it fits the weapons. I may decide to do the leg clearance and elbow clearance mod, but I'm kind of afraid to do it because of that stupid clear plastic.

18. micky24

micky24 Well-Known Member

i like this version of prime too but the backpack kills it,but thanks to your mod it looks good now,about the partsforming,why not use wires,same method that savio and pradhika indra did.

19. slackerforhire

slackerforhire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Excellent work as usual, TCracker! Even in it's "rough" state, it looks great. Looking forward to seeing this guy cleaned up and painted!

20. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    The elbow mod is pretty simple, i just used a blade to shave off the extra piece of num that hinders the elbow movement.

That said, I would LOVE to see your weapon mods. That would be kick ass.

Thanks for the feedback. Truthfully, I am just not there yet when it comes to wires. Coupled with the fact that I am not confident with it, I will just have to make do with what I have at the moment. But you did bring up a valid point. Wires could work here.

Haha! Thanks, bud. I would probably be painting him in stages just to get the coplors right and to shamefully cover some of the imperfections due to the cut marks. :D 

Really appreciate the compliments here. Now the problem is there is this huge mech tech hole on one of the panels to facilitate the upper stacks piece. So, vehicle aesthetics is kinda cheesed.

Thanks, I was just thinking why not. There are tons of PRiD Voyager Primes shelfwarming here. If I screw this up, I can just go to the nearest TRU and get one.