Minor/Repaint: [WIP] Optimus Prime: Heart Of Steel

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by lechuckgl, Sep 24, 2012.

1. lechuckgl

lechuckgl Active Member

Optimus Prime: Heart Of Steel KO

Well, I've recently made a review of the Heart Of Steel KO Optimus. I am begining the project to make it look as close as the real deal I can.

This is the first time I am doing anything besides painting. Job looked easy, as I explained in my review, but needed a dremel to get teh best result possible.

First of all, this was the original head:

[​IMG]

( Predator oneliner ugly motherfucker - YouTube )

Attached Files:

2. lechuckgl

lechuckgl Active Member

Well, I finally finished this guy. Took my a while...this year was a very busy one for me.

Sorry for the pics, I know they don't have the best quality, but I don't have a good camera (in fact, I used my phone to take these).

Just to remind you how bad this figured looked before I repainted it: http://chimungmung.com/images/black_train_f.jpg

First thing I had to change was the head: it was my first time modding a figure. I think I did fine, maybe a little bit rough, but it looks more as Optimus Prime thatn the original ugly samurai-like head.

[​IMG]

I modded the sword as well: those wings on the handle looked pretty ugly.

[​IMG]

I still have issues with paint chipping of some parts...I don't know how to solve this. Any help will be appreciated:

[​IMG]

Well, I am very happy with this. It was a really cheap figure, and now I have a pretty good looking one for 1/4 of the price of the original one....plus, I had some fun painting it :D 

Merry x-mas to you all !!

Attached Files:

3. WolfVein

WolfVein Well-Known Member

what are those black lines all about in vehicle mode?

4. lechuckgl

lechuckgl Active Member

They are there in robot mode too (look up his shoulders). They were there in the original KO figure...I suppose they are some hidraulic cables or something like that.
    I painted them cause the are beveled, and I wasn't sure that I could sand them away without ruining that part.