WIP: My take on an Ipod Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by myykee2004, Apr 10, 2012.

1. myykee2004

myykee2004 Well-Known Member

Another project i want to get started on, after seeing another thread here about an ipod soundwave, i also wanted to give my favorite decepticon of all time an upgrade..=).

so im hoping instead of a cassete player, his alt mode would be and ipod.. =).. seems pretty ambitious thogh, but gonna try to give it a shot...
    from this:
    [​IMG]
    to this:
    [​IMG]
    gonna take a lot of scratchbuilding once again since an ipod is pretty thin, and i want his alt mode to be that way...

*im currently working on his blueprints and gonna post it soon.. any advice would be greatly appreciated.. thanks.. =)

*since the g1 soundwave is a bit bulky... im considering to follow his tf prime version.. which is much sleeker.. gonna try to mix the 2 concepts... =)

here are the planned blueprints of him i made via MS Paint.. =)
    [​IMG]

*My WIP thread: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radic...my-attempt-ipod-soundwave-g1.html#post7573367

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012
  2. sarmick01

sarmick01 Well-Known Member

Since an Ipod is so thin, why not turn that into 1 or 2, heck maybe 3 of the cassette guys and have Soundwave as an Ipod dock?

3. benclark1982

benclark1982 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice idea. I have an "Ipod bot" myself that i have been thinking of modifying it inclucde a touch screen MP3 player, here is what i have. He currently is a working radio but in time i will make him into a MP3 player. Also, the arms are transformed incorrectly, they do sit up in a more natural position.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you can find one of these you might be able to get away from making it from scratch. The alt mode is about 4" tall and 1/2" thick. And the bot mode is about 6" tall. Good luck i hope to see this pan out for you.

4. myykee2004

that might be a good idea.. lol.. gonna try that as a back up plan if my idea fails... or if not, i might get away with making his ipod alt mode a bit thicker than the actual one so that his parts may fit...
    woah, thats amazing.. i was planning of adding a mp3 player in his chest as well.. once i finalize my plans.. gonna try that.. thanks..

5. seali_me

seali_me Dakilang Mandirigma

Fucking awesome!

I wish a a third party company would make a soundwave that will enable me to puy my Iphone into it's chest.

6. Hyre

Hyre Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Really, the thing about an iPod Soundwave is that you have the opportunity to have him in protective shell case. That gives you a bit more thickness to the figure and more opportunity for engineering room.

7. PkmnMstr

PkmnMstr Well-Known Member

I like this idea. It seems quite ambitious though. Oh and my iPod touch is named Soundwave.

8. Notilator

Notilator Xenomorph4

Man this is a good idea :D  I guess well see who finishes there's first :ev: 

9. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Avatar by Pinpoint

This is a great project that I want to see completed. But I can't help but wonder if this should be in creative discusion.

10. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    What about an iPad or an iPhone with a thick case instead?

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Your blueprints look really good.

That being said, blueprints are illustrations and those need to be posted in Fan Art. When you have actual, custom work to show, by all means feel free to make another thread in Customs (and be sure to include a link to this thread!).

Keep up the good work! :thumb 

12. myykee2004

thanks.. =).. lol..sorry about that.. im gonna make a new thread when i start on the project..