Heavy/Scratch: Wip my classics metroplex

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Deadfett, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Deadfett

Deadfett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After getting all the bits together i assembled my new metroplex
    Mix of g1 and cybertron
    Still some work to do, mainly on the legs, need to get a wee bit more movement in knees. Then a rub down and a paint
    However i'm buying an airbrush and going to try and practise before i try on this guy. Determined to make paint job awesome. Not painting his guns to keep original colour. Anyway i'm pretty happy with this guy and have already bought a second cybertron metro to make fortress maximus from

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Good start and progress. I just got my g1 metroplex in the mail 2 days ago. Gonna tackle one these myself.

3. Deadfett

News Credits:
    Only bit i'm trying to decide on tackling is the hands, not confident about replacing them, also i may strip some of inside of the bottom bits of legs so they attach a bit flusher so the legs can go together better but gonna take a step back and go back in a day or so

4. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

The legs look awesome IMO! Maybe post a side view? What's the prob with the hands you are worried about, maybe I can help.

Also wanted to add that I read you won't be painting the guns...they'll stand out against your paint work if you do that so another suggestion would be to add a flat black wash to them to bring out the details as well as making them better flow with your painted Metroplex once he's done. Just my 2 cents man, this'll be awesome!

5. Deadfett

News Credits:
    I actually may have solved my hands concern while making dinner :) 
    Will test my theory later
    My issue with legs as that due to the way the innards of the g1 leg is the inne thigh cant go flush with new metroplex unless i strip it down. So based on this i cant put the legs flush together, not a major concern. It still maintains a battle base mode but not a rolling mode. I will be keeping him displayed in robot at all times anyway.
    Probably other ways to do it but i split the g1 leg, stripped the foot off the cyberton metroplex and then screwed them together. The head removal and replacement was very simple. Just cant wait to get him primed and painted

6. Deadfett

News Credits:
    Added articulated hands and sorted attack base mode out by adding more guns from g1 metroplex. Ready to strip it, prime and then paint

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]