Heavy/Scratch: WIP: Mini Onslaught

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Rhinox555, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

So for those who haven't been following the Concept thread in Customs Discussion: I set out to buy stuff to build a voyager transformable Onslaught recently, and accidentally came home with something way too small. So, i decided big transformin' Onslaught would be delayed, and i'm building a non-transformable Legends class Onslaught for now. Using the following M19 Panzertransporter kit:
    [ATT]16017[/ATT]
    I started by basecoating all parts on the sprue black, then drybrushing aluminum over them. Once everything had dried, i removed the top of the truck cab from the sprue, and cut the roof+windshield off the hood, then attaching them at a 90 degree angle, i had to experiment with bonding materials for a bit, and ultimately ended up using Plastic weld.
    So here's the first w.i.p. pic
    [ATT]16190[/ATT]
    next update should follow wednesday, unless i don't make it to the store in time where i intend to pick up a Legends jetfire for a few little parts.
    Once everything is done, Onslaught will be a legends class figure, with no intention to be accurate to toy or cartoon, (although the parts layout is toon-inspired), and should have a nice weathered paintjob.

Attached Files:

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Keep it going! I need a little inspiration for my Legends Combaticons!:thumbs2: 

3. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Right, you´ve got some great legends class figures in the works, can't wait to see those finished.

4. neliz

neliz Member

Ebay:
    it's a nut-job, I see the responsible people picked it up.