Heavy/Scratch: WIP Megatron-Shockwave

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Rakuen_Nox, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Rakuen_Nox

Rakuen_Nox Well-Known Member

Trying to customise TFTM leader Megs into shockwave as many others have to brilliant effect, also want to pass his arms onto RotF Megs so he can loose that gimp arm of his. to that extent running into problems right off the bloc with the dissection of the shoulders of Movie 1 Megs. they've got this pin in them and i've surfed Radicons and youtube for the instruction on pin removals but they all seem to rely on being able to access both ends of the pin, the shoulder pin only exposes one end the other being inside the shoulder piece i'm trying to remove...any help would be greatly and sincerely appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Can't you just heat the pin (like the normal pin removal) and pull apart? It also seems like if you took the shoulder piece apart you'd be able to get to it as well.
    Normally you need access to both sides since it's hard to tell which side of the pin has the knurled (ribbed) edge to it, but in this case I'd bet that the knurled end is the end you see there (on the hinge flap, next to the hex), and the other side has a pin head (or like the head of a nail).
    Unless we are talking about the pin that makes that whole flap pivot?

3. Rakuen_Nox

Rakuen_Nox Well-Known Member

yeah sorry, trying to get the hex adjacent pin out because as far as i can tell its the only thing still keeping the shoulder pieces together (removed all screws and tried prying each panel apart but nothing gave ).
    I would try the usual method but as you mentioned i can't see the other end so not sure if heating the right end. additionally i'm not sure there's enough room between the pin and the arm joint for me to be able to push it out. Didn't wish to try anything without first consulting here

4. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

You can drill a small hole on the other side of the pin and push it out that way too.