Minor/Repaint: WIP Megatron Prime Series

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Eddie26, May 27, 2012.

1. Eddie26

Eddie26 Well-Known Member

Hello guys. I would like you to help me with this stuff. I am with some projects at the same time, and I took my Tf Prime Megatron to dismount him to start to work with, and, I reached this point I canĀ“t go further. Does anybody know how to remove the forearm piece? I have always read that the steps are: dismount, clean, cut/work/whatever and paint. Do you always dismount the figure totally? Or just some parts? Do you remove also the pins?
    I like the purple chest piece, and I am not going to paint, perhaps the same with the forearms, but I want to remove them to paint the rest properly.
    Thanks for all the advices with Meggie!!!
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I can't help with the forearms, but for the rest of them, get a pin press and gently tap the pins out

3. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Well for one this should probably be in the creative discussion forum, but to answer your question, in this case for the most part, the pins you have circled do not have to be removed for painting so other than a light sanding around any possible friction/paint rub points, they're good as is. If you want to keep the purple bits, you can either try masking them over with painters tape (or some other form of masking tape) or in the arms' case try removing the pin but there's always the chance of messing up the paint job when you're trying to pin it back together. (And with some bits being made of clear plastic, there's also the chance or breakage) I haven't exactly worked with the Megatron mold yet, but many others have so I don't think they'll mind if you ask them for a few tips/advice on working with the mold.

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    The forearm is glued. Sometimes it comes off easy, other times not.

5. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Yep, but it's no big deal. Just pull on it until it comes free. If it breaks, just use some plastic weld and screw it back down. If the screw fitment itself breaks, just apply the plastic weld and put back together without the screw. It'll be as good as new.

6. KayODave

KayODave Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I had trouble with Meg's forearm myself. I discovered that the hole his cannon pegs into is slotted into the clear purple part, and the plastic connecting the slot to that hole is very thin, so I just took and exacto blade to the plastic and cut it by sticking the blade between the gray armour and the purple part. It's not very difficult, and once you cut that plastic away it'll just take some fiddling to break the glue sealing the armour to the purple part. If you're still having trouble, I can try to get a picture showing what I'm talking about.

7. Fartini

Fartini Banned

If you're careful you don't have to take any pins out. I didn't personally.

8. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    be careful if you take the pins out of the wing things on his back. I lightly tapped mine and it busted right off.

9. Eddie26

Eddie26 Well-Known Member

Sorry Quantum25, the next time I will post there.
    Ok, I will leave the pins as they are. So, as you said, the forearms are glued. Thanks for the help!