Heavy/Scratch: WIP:Mach + Tackle=MachTackle

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by alexcollier, May 6, 2011.

1. alexcollier

alexcollier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's MachTachle. Tackle is a very going to be modified further than what you see here. Mach is cobbled together from a few different toys. His shuttle mode is more a shrunken Jetfire than an original design.

Update. Very small update. Added pieces to cover the arms in alt mode. Just need to take out the wheels on top and fill those in and sand em down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sweet Primus below!
    I'm not the only Victory fan here! WHOOO!!!
    I can not wait to see how you do this^^ Looks great already (now you just need a tiny bison to chase them! ^^)

3. ladym

ladym Well-Known Member

nice! any colored images?

4. alexcollier

News Credits:
    Well, Landcross gets virtually no love. Kind of sad seeing as I think he's the Ultimate combiner.

Will try to post some tomorrow but they are pretty technocoloured.

5. Alteron_Sheng

News Credits:
    It looks like you're using the hot shot mold there as the primary basis, with Inferno's head and shoulders but I would have thought that a War for Cybertron Soundwave head would work better for Mach than an Inferno head - (just my opinion, please note... grabs her WfC Sounders and her Nightbeat-head's the right size though)
    Given that I'd recently ended up giving up on making these guys (I could figure out how to make them a gestalt, but not the dual robots) I am so glad to see someone doing this in a way that should look AWESOME... I was originally using the Energon 'gestalt' toys (Storm jet as Wing from alt mode, arm wings and head), A modified limb copter for mach, stuff like that
    I also definitely agree Landcross is highly adaptable and able to go from one to three to six TFs, *VERY* cool.

6. alexcollier

News Credits:
    Maybe I misunderstood your post but the inferno on top is standing in for Tackle. That's the combined mode above. Mach will be receiving his own head. Cybertron SW, eh? That's a pretty good idea. Thanks

The Energon gestalts would make a great Landcross though. You should try to finish it. Though the Powerlinx guys are just perfect for this. Any chance on seeing pics of your abandoned take on LC?

7. Alteron_Sheng

News Credits:
    No no,I'd misunderstood you - my apologies. I'd thought the image of 'robot mode' was Mach standing alone^^
    Well I think I've still got the Stormjet,Leadfoot/Dash and my mixnmatch Tacker (huffer chest/arms, Icepick legs for treads)
    *scours house* Ah, got 'em. Can't find the 'shoulder joints' I made from a voyager Silverbolt though (I wanted LC to be able to lift and move his arms well) which also means I'm missing the gestalt 'hands'
    My Mach and Tackle are MIA though, probably where ever the gestalt parts are.

I liked the size for these guys (LC was always shown to be a bit small, about 'deluxe' sized when in 'trio' form of Wingwaver, Machtackle and Dashtacker) and I love how Tacker came out, but I could never get the dual-forms to work, and there was no way to add connection points:S
    I used the minicon ports in their chests to attach them to the gesalt shoulders, and the 'gestalt' links on stormjet to attach the shoulders to him. (If I go to try this lot again I think I may try to keep Stormjet's head and arms if nothing else, so perfect for Wing)

If i may ask, what's your favorite episode/scene in victory? (I only know the Japanese version with Subtitles, I'm afraid)

Attached Files:

8. alexcollier

News Credits:
    Thanks for the pics. Looked promising. As for my fave episode, I actually can't remember the tilte but it's the one where they travel to Antarctica. Are you going to start again with new molds or not?

9. Alteron_Sheng

News Credits:
    Yeah they did, I kept debating posting it- but I kept getting annoyed at how I couldn't get the dual modes to work and putting it off (and shouting at the toys, which while not useful is carthic^^). What mold are you using for Waver, BTW? I can ID all of them but that one -oh and is that a terradive trident? That thing looks so cool^^

Let's see - that episode would be 'Fight to the Death: Antarctica Battle'
    (that does have a funny scene:
    Galaxy Shuttle to Liokaiser: I shall be your opponent!
    Take one hit to the jaw and goes down for the fight (I always imagine him going 'glass jaaaaaaw' en-route to the ground^^)

Yeah I'll probably be hunting for some energon molds at Botcon - That way I can have them dual form like I want them to/like they're meant to^^

10. alexcollier

News Credits:
    Well, here's the link to the earliest bashing for this guy. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/397019-wip-landcross.html

Waver is a modified Mirage. I'm keeping the bots a little squat as an homage to the originals.

11. Alteron_Sheng

News Credits:
    Energon Mirage? Cool
    *checks out the link*
    OhMyStarsAndGartersYouKnowWallaceAndGromit!!! *HUGS* And I love the Wrong Trousers short! Very nice!^^
    My hat's off to you, this is an amazing custom^^

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    WOW, this looks cool. Awesome work, man :thumb 

13. alexcollier

News Credits:
    BIG fan of Wallace and Gromit. I came very close to landing a job with them but settled for working for another animation studion in the UK. Damn shame as I really wnated to work for them.

Cheers. Means a heck of a lot coming from you. Hoping to get this done the same time as Abominus so I have them as a set.

14. Alteron_Sheng

News Credits:
    WOW, I am in awe that you almost got to work for that company, I love that claymation. I've got all of the collections and the film, watch 'em all the time^^
    I'll be keeping a close eye on these threads, can't wait to see more pictures^^

15. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Love to see the Victory guys getting some new-millenium era figures. Nice work so far

16. alexcollier

News Credits:
    Tiny update to Mach's shuttle mode.