Minor/Repaint: WIP: Legends Headmasters

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by destrongerlupus, Feb 28, 2012.

1. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because I can't bear to let a perfectly good Headmaster go without a Transector, I've started working on this easy little project.

Within fiction, I decided to place these guys in 1989 since the "Justice Leader" is designed to interact with PMOP, and the Legends/Classic Pretenders assortment also has a nice "old character ramrodded into a new play pattern" thing going that also jives with the JB Headmasters.

[​IMG]

I think I'm going to get a CD RedAlert and do some parts swapping tom improve Magnus's color scheme. My goal here is to keep painting to a minimum.

[​IMG]

Started making a few mods, but a ways to go yet!

[​IMG]

D/L

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2012
  2. spoonman

spoonman I make bots.

Holy nostalgia, Batman! Love it!

3. The Crow

The Crow ARK BUILDER!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    Hehe, thanks! Personally, when you start dipping into the late-era stuff, I LIKE the cheese, and want to preserve it, it's part of the charm.

There's also an easter-egg of another custom I'm working on in there too ;) 

Oh dude, that is FANTASTIC! If I didn't already have a great Highbrow, I'd have to crib that idea!

D/L

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Digibashes go in Fan Art. When you have some work done on these, feel free to make a new thread in Customs.

6. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    Good work :thumb 

What mold is that blaster. Is it a third party product because this is the first time ive ever had problems telling what a mold is just by looking at it.

7. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

Longtooth?

8. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    It's Crossover Hummer Ironman with an alternate transformation based on a concept Smog originally came up with.

Yup ;)  Still need to make his shell though.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    d, could you tell us just exactly which modifications you've actually done so far?

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Heh... that's funny. A couple of weeks ago, I bought that Blaster Headmaster for a friend of mine, so I tried him on my Iron Man Hummer just like that! I love seeing Crossovers get a bit more kitbashing love, and the Hummer is such a fun mold to work with. :thumb 

Did you drill the 2 little holes in the roof so the chest compartment can lock into position?

zmog

11. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    Sure, sorry about not being more explicit about them in the initial post!

The Countdown body has had it's head removed and one of the Junkion-Blacksmith connectors temporarily bonded to remaining neck-joint so that I can play with the positioning.

Blaster's Ironman-Hummer Body has had the connector-holds for the alternate transformation scribed, but not yet drilled, and he's got a fist-swap in his near future. Also playing around with his new head mount.

Megatron's had the most extensive mods so far (which I'll grant, at this stage isn't saying that much ;) ), the Ironman Jet has had it's stock head removed and the neck-mount clipped so that I could mount the JB neck-connector. He desperately needs some new hips/thighs so that he can adopt a pose-range greater than "Standing at attention" vs. "fallen over splay legged". Donors are currently being examined.

Crossover are kitbashing GOLD, especially the Marvel ones, I'm always looking for an excuse to use one :)  Though, yeah, the Hummer is the gold-standard!

As mentioned above I've measured and scribed the position for the holes, but not actually drilled them yet. Of course, ages ago, inspired by your first reveal of this concept I DID make the mod on the Cap-Hummer that I was modding into Twincast, so I've got practice ;) 

D/L

12. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Great idea for the Magnus, and yeah the crossover figures are the perfect scale for headmaster customs. Been meaning to do the car into Chromedome for awhile now

13. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    Thanks! Magnus grows on me more and more every time I look at him. I think once I part-swap him into a slightly more traditional color scheme (and eventually detail paint him even further), it'll be a nice new body for him.

IronCar is nearly perfect for Chromedome, though I'm hoping to re-shell some G1 parts onto the mold for added vintage'ness.

Still stalking a head for him though....