Minor/Repaint: WIP Kitbashes

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ravenxl7, May 13, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. I've got a total of 4 kitbashes in the works (5 if you count Scattershot, though all I've done is take the mold apart), so I decided to post some WIP pictures of them. I've got Classics versions of Thundercracker, Dirge, Thrust, and Overlord in the works. Thundercracker is basically done. All I need to finish him is to clear coat a couple of pieces and finish putting him back together. I dyed Dirge today, and while it's not perfect, I actually like the imperfections in it (kinda looks like an odd camo). I dyed Thrust last week, but he's going to be delayed a bit due to both of his wing pieces breaking right where they attach to his legs. Overlord is going along nicely. He's also waiting for some clear coating, and the mods to the head, but he's mostly done. Thanks for looking, and for any comments I get. The pictures aren't great, but they do get the point across.

Attached Files:

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice!...Loving the colors :thumb 

The dude in your sig looks SAWEET!!

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    curious why you gave thrust a silver torso.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks :thumb . Raven-XL7, the bot in my sig, is still just a digibash, but my current plans are to kitbash him when the Blades repaint comes out (here's the thread for those who haven't seen the full version, his bio, and his assistant yet).

I didn't. That's one part I still need to dye. The torso, missle's & missle launchers, feet, main wings (when I get a new pair of them), lower arms & hands, and the smaller wings are all getting dyed black. I've jsut got Dirge and Thrust with their torsos temporarily so that I could take some pictures of their basic bot and alt-modes.

5. REDLINE

News Credits:
    ahh. Its aggravating that the hands and feet are so hard to dye. Hasbro knew we'd be repainting the crap outta that mold, but had to use a super-dense plastic in those places anyway!

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah. I noticed that when I dyed some parts black for Thundercracker. I'm thinking about just painting the arms for Dirge and Thrust instead of dyeing them. Is it just the arms & feet? or is it tough to dye the other parts that are the same grey? I might just end up painting all the parts that I need to black.

7. REDLINE

News Credits:
    the wings are supposedly tough to dye too, but I've not tried that, honestly. When I dyed the hands and feet, I had to soak them in the dye bath TEN times.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ahh, ok. I remember it taking an unusally long time for the arms and feet for my Thundercracker kitbash to turn black, and even at that they aren't a pure black, though close enough where it's really hard to tell the difference between them and already black plastic.