Minor/Repaint: WIP Kabaya Prime, Soundwave, Starscream and Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by PrimulArchangel, Dec 29, 2008.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey all :) 

I was digging though a drawer full of toys and came across my old kabaya kits for Optimus , Soundwave, Starscream and Sideswipe. I got these years ago and painted them way back when and they look like crap lol.

So i took them all apart and hit them up with some nail polish remover and striped most of the paint from SS and soundwave so far.. Prime ill do tomorrow and sideswipe i never painted so hes good to go..

So im going to give them a lite sanding and then give them some shiny new coats of paint to bring them back to life :)  Just hope the paint sticks better this time around and dont go flakeing off..

I like these figures, they stand about 4 inch tall or so and prime, ss and soundwave transform exactly as there full size G1s , Sideswipe is almost the same , just a little different..

I posted a few pics to check them out, cause i dont see these pop up online very ofter and thought i would share with those hat never seen :)  .. Prime and Sideswipe are in the baggies in pieces lol.. So have a look and see :)  Once i get them repainted ill post some updates :) 

-Curt

Attached Files:

2. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I remember a few years back when the G1 kabaya gumball toys were aplenty. These, however, look like the ones that were sold in the boxes. I always liked the concept of high-quality candy toys. It'd be nice to see US kabayas of our current lines.

~Z

3. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah these came in 4 boxes. I bought them from Japan way back when ebay was an honest place to be , during its first year of being opened and my first year online with webtv if you remeber that craptastic internet service lol.
    Tis was one fo the ey first things i bought when i discovered that transformers kept going in japan after they had stoped in the US... Wish i knew what happened to my boxes but they probably got lost over time or during a few moves from apartment to apartment..

4. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

Oh man i'd be REALLY careful using nail polish remover on those - I can't imagine that Kabaya kits use the sturdiest plastic...

That being said, I'd love to see them use that Kabaya Starscream deco for something now... I remember M_Sipher did a repaint of PVC Starscream in those colors, back when he was doing that entire "do everything ever as a PVC" thing.

5. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it's safe to use, it did no damage to te plastic. Its not strong enough to eat away anything. I used arylic paints on them years ago so the paint was pretty much falling off so i didnt hve to use a strong remover to clean them up..

I was thinking the same thing about the starscream colors lol, it looks pretty cool the way it is lol

6. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im starting to think that the optimus prime kit i have is suppose to be Ultra Magnus because it came with his gun and not Primes..

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    straight as they are, they fit right in with all of TELETRAN's customs hehehe