Heavy/Scratch: WIP Jhiaxus

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jordy, Aug 30, 2011.

1. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    Okay well as you know by now I love the IDW verse and take a lot of insperations from it so I thought I would do this character as I love his look in the comics. A lot of people go for the futuristic plane look. I chose to go with a different appraoch, me I like his hunched over form in the comics so I thought I would use the straxus model as it has the best chest section to show his front end as well as the back piece which I felt perfectly represents that as well.

I will end up cutting up 2 missile pods (that will be the ones from the straxus and skull grin figures) for his weapons and hopefully moding a war hammer for him that will transform into his cannon piece as well, I am really excited about this figure as in terms of weapons it will be a larger step in my kitbashing technique. I have to thank OreoBuilder for the idea on the head as I had no idea what to use until I came across his build with Huffer's combiner head with out the crest.

So for now have a look at what I've done.

This is the picture I am using for colors and ideas
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/t....jpg/488px-Jhiaxusnemesisprimedevastation.jpg

Attached Files:

2. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    since the first post I have started doing a basic paint scheme for this guy, once I have the missile pods in place I will begin a more full on detailed paint scheme for him, I just got bored and wanted to see what he would look like. Also I would like to leave one part of the paint scheme for you guys to vote on. On his back panels withe the whole triangle part, vote for which one looks best, rather the one with the white middle triangle or bronze, just tell me which and I will be going with it. Please leave a comment as I would love advice.

Attached Files:

3. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Colours are looking good. I've always preferred the G2 Jhiaxus to the IDW version, but you're doing a great job of making the IDW version.