Minor/Repaint: WIP Jazz with Botcon head

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Lucs, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Hey guys since the Botcon Jazz head is going to be in fan-production soon I thought I'd post this and hopefully answer a few questions in the process.

The pics I've taken (with my cell camera so hopefully they aren't too bad) I'm using a Universe Prowl and a Botcon Jazz head.
    [att]18624[/att]

These pics show that the head fits in car mode and just barely clears the wheels so it can still roll.
    [att]18622[/att]
    [att]18623[/att]

As far as transformation goes the head can squeeze by but if you shave the black piece under the bumper it would work a lot better. I haven't shaved it in these pics but as you can see you could shave it a bit or just cut the middle piece out and it wouldn't mess with the structural integrity

[att]18620[/att]

This one shows how close the prowl head comes during transformation and the Jazz head is taller than Prowl's
    [att]18621[/att]

Attached Files:

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Thank you for the info Lucs! I am just on the fence about doing a Classics Jazz. A bunch of better customizers have done it already (yourself included) and I have so many others I want to finish up before adding to the list. But it's really tempting, especially knowing it's a fairly easy head mod!:thumbs2: 

3. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    After looking at the Botcon Jazz head I actually realized the same mod can work for my Jazz with the Action Master Jazz head. He's no longer a parts former! WOOHOO!

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Right on! You had said the AM Jazz head might be able to work perfectly, glad to see you've worked it out!:thumbs2: 

5. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

Lucs, is anyone casting this head? Is that what you were saying?

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Yeah I sent my copy to a board member here for molding and casting. He said it takes about 7-10 days to finish. He's got a heavy work load I think, so give him a few weeks. He has an ongoing casts thread in the reproductions section of Radicons. You should check it

I do want to point out that another member cast this for sale first but I never found a place to buy them from him

EDIT: I removed the names of these guys to protect their identities

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  7. NeoZeRo35

NeoZeRo35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Can't wait to see how this turns out. Are you planning on changing anything on the body from your previous Jazz? I really liked how your first one came out and I'm sure this one will be no exception. Though I must say, I think I prefer the action master head over the botcon one, but that's just my preference. :)