Heavy/Scratch: WIP: Ironfist

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by I AM MEGATRON, Jul 21, 2012.

1. I AM MEGATRON

I AM MEGATRON pleasure model

Hey everyone, Ive been working on this guy for a while now. It was more of an exercise in a couple thing for me, rather than a plan to do this character from the beginning. I wanted to: 1. Do more styrene work, making joints and moving parts, 2. try my hand at making a figure that would be tiny in alt mode 'grow' in robot mode, and 3. try making a faceplate from styrene.. I figured I did all those things pretty much to my satisfaction.

The figure just now needs paint...which as anyone who's seen my work before knows...is where I usually end..(I dont like painting)

You can see from the comparison pics with FE bulkhead that he is smaller in alt mode, and about a 1/4 " shorter in robot mode..a pretty good 'growth' IMO...

Hes made mainly from a tftm bonecrusher (my personal favourite figure to use), the head from rotf chromia, the feet from a RID prowl junker, and the small hands from a rotf Skidz and mudflap, everything else is mainly styrene, with random ball joints..
    I also made a rifle for him, that he can hold or can be attached via a slot that pegs onto a bar above his head.

I know the back end is very open..but as for the robot mode, I honestly dont mind..Id rather have that bit of kibble showing than compromising the robot modes features.

Anyway, here it is, C&C welcomed as always

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I like it. :D 

3. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Not bad.

4. Godzilock Prime

Godzilock Prime Well-Known Member

Can we get a shot of him with his fellow wreckers?

5. The Diggs

The Diggs Mad Scientist

Ebay:
    Very interesting choice of base figure to start with---I was skeptical when I saw Bonecrusher's alt-mode first, but the styrene (?) segments do a great job of changing his silhouette. Well done!

6. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The styrene makes that go from a rather funky Movie-verse figure into something with quite the potential. Should be sweet when it's done.

7. I AM MEGATRON

I AM MEGATRON pleasure model