This is something I have been working off and on for the past two years. I keep coming back to it thinking I'm going to finish him and then something else comes up. I recently picked the project up again and I'm nearly finished designing him and have some parts built. I wanted to start posting pictures here every so often so that I don't unload all at once on the site. I started this project for a few reasons. One, I really enjoyed the comic (except fo the ending), two I saw Lobo's Megatron and thought it was awesome, and lastly was Griffith76's HOS Optimus. I saw what Griffith76 had done and wanted to try the same thing with HOS Shockwave since it had not been tried yet. Before I go any further, I would like to say that Eric (Griffith76) has helped me tremendously lately in making my model look "right" He is a genuinely nice and helpful guy. I also want to say thanks to my buddy Disco who has seen this since the beginning and given me advice on what was working and what wasn't. In return I call his house leaving messages of me singing Air Supply songs. Its a nice arrangment we have worked out. Apparently, I went about this the wrong way in designing this figure. I started with the boat form instead of the bot form. Eric infomed me this is the opposite way to go and looking back it would have saved me the headache I'm going through now in making his bot form look "right". I'm having some proportion problems, but it should work itself out. This drawing was done in autocad and based mostly on the concept art that Guido did. There are only a handful of pages that have Shockwave, so some artistic liberty had to be taken. It was from this drawing that I based everything else. Quite a bit has changed since this drawing, but I'll post more later. When finsihed, he will stand about as tall as MP Prime. I took my autocad drawings and then imported them into Solidworks to create my 3d parts. Solidworks is a very nice program, its also very expensive unless you are a student, and then its affordable. I did this for a while and got tired of designing the parts there, so I started building him out of styrene. I wasn't happy with my results and returned to the program. I'll post what I built soon. If this needs to be moved until I start putting my actual parts in, feel free. 3/1/09 Hopefully my WIP thread and the finished product will come together when this is all said and done. Right now I'm working on the foot transformation. Today I'm going to post a picture of the first piece I modeled. I thought I would start with the chest and work my way around that. When I made this, I had NO solidworks experience and this actually took me like six hours to make because I didn't know what I was doing. Now I could whip it up in like 15 minutes. At this point I was really burned out on Solidworks because I didn't fully understand how to use it. 3/10/09 Thought I would add some more today. My current work on the project is coming to a stand still while I work on grad school stuff <sigh> After I worked on the chest, I moved down the boat to work on the left arm. Seeemed logical at the time. I was still learning solidworks and started to become really frustrated. It wasn't long after this that I started building parts out of styrene instead. I'll post those in my next update. 9/11/09 Realized I hadn't put anything in this thread for a while. Added some more pictures of models I had done and part of the arm that I gave up on before I strictly went to trying to do all the computer modeling. Part of me feels like going back to styrene, its just so time consuming but until I hit the lottery and buy a rapid prototyper, I may have to complete the project that way.