Minor/Repaint: WIP Hardhead...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by SonOfNemesis, Dec 9, 2011.

1. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

2. Rahal Stmin

Rahal Stmin Bounty Hunter

Ebay:
    How'd you set the LED up?

3. SonOfNemesis

I took the figure pretty much all apart because in order to get at the head LED, you have to remove everything from the chest/abdomen, which requires taking him down quite a bit. The arms and legs can stay together though, which is nice.

Anyway...I had to pull the figure apart in 1/2 from neck to crotch once I removed a couple parts. This allows you to pull the turret out as a whole unit, which is nice as well.

Because the blue LED as I've been told is more powerful then the LEDs already in the figure, I would've had to wire in a resistor to prevent one LED taking the power from the others. INSTEAD, I simply gutted out the circuit board entirely along with all the LEDs and Speaker. I then re-wired a bright blue LED to a switch and then ran those wires to the same figure's battery pack. The blue LED just basically swapped into place at the neck where the original red LED was. I did have to cut a little plastic away though in order to fit the new LED in because I soldered the LED to new wires and in that area it was a bit too large for the neck.

It was really a very easy project, although reading this it might seem too much to do when it really isn't. I think the whole process took me about 30 minutes.

4. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

very cool, looking forward to the finished figure

5. SonOfNemesis

Thanks, I should have a rather extensive update next weekend :)