Minor/Repaint: WIP Galvatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by megatronatlas, Aug 5, 2012.

1. megatronatlas

megatronatlas Well-Known Member

Good Morning Radicons. Here is my wip Galvatron. I was very inspired by Scotscream, Frenzy/Rumble and Thyvipera, and hXcpunk23...:thumb  thanks for the inspiration

I used the voyager size Energon Megatron as a base for the figure, SDCC Nemesis Prime shoulders for the shoulders, used 2 pack deluxe tank megatron for the treads, joints from an rid grimlock for the balljoint for the treads, I used universe Dropshot's neck, arm and head piece for the round piece for the cannon holder.

I am still deciding on whether to give him a gaitlin gun for the cannon or use an oversized ko galvatron cannon. Also for the back pice treads i used generations perceptor and lego pieces.

I have to pick up some apoxy sculpt and more styrene to fix some areas. Onto the pics, C and C welcomed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Go with the Galvatron cannon. While a gatling gun would look cool and different, it doesn't say Galvatron to me.

Now, if it was a HOS/steampunk Galvatron, then a gatling gun could work.

3. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Thanks for the shout, my friend!

I'd suggest what Bigbot mentioned......go with the oversized KO Galvatron cannon. The gatling gun sounds cool & original, but I'm in agreement that it just doesn't scream "Galvatron" to me. I like the alt mode & it works well!

Looking forward to seeing more on this. :) 

4. megatronatlas

well i lost my oversize ko galvatron cannon, which would be my luck. and thanks for the comments

5. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I've scratchbuilt cannons from pens, various parts, & styrene, so maybe you can hit a store & find a few pens to hack up for a nice cannon.

6. megatronatlas

thats what ill be doing, ive got something im working on as of now.