Heavy/Scratch: WIP Galvatron... almost there

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by mikeflosi, Feb 9, 2011.

1. mikeflosi

mikeflosi Well-Known Member

So... I'm still working my Galvatron:crazy: ... and surprisingly for my first custom it's coming out better than I expected. It's not perfect, but it's coming along. I made some changes since my last post.

I changed the crown a little bit, added some details.

I added the tank tracks to the forearms, which also gave him new hands. (I used and alternators Optimus Prime forearms and it was easier then I thought. I used the seats to attached the tracks, pics will show you).

I used an old micro machine plane to create a backpack (I had to tweak it, but it works).

I'm still looking for a cannon. Right now I'm using my original Gavlatron's cannon to fill in what the cannon might look like.

Still might tweak the knees and feet a little bit before I start a deep cleaning and the paint (nervous about that), but hopefully late February early March I'll be done.:) 

Attached Files:

2. kdog

kdog Well-Known Member

man this is turning out very well. good work on your first custom keep up the good work:thumbs2: .

3. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    NICE!!! I love seeing first customs, I remember mine not even 1year ago :D 

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really hope you end up articulating those ankles/feet. That's one of my only gripes with the mold.

First custom = special :)  Continue to keep us posted :thumb 

5. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

if you are just telescoping the legs in alt mode, you should try switching the thighs and legs (left to right, right to left). it doesn't allow for any better pose-ability but it does look better. here it is on mine. hope you don't mind the pic.

[​IMG]

6. KNOOM842

KNOOM842 Ultra Con

Hmm great minds think like in fact it was seeing your custom Galvatron that inspired me( because the idea worked with a G1 galvatron and mix it with a entergon megatron and for that iThank you) i also like how the forearms turned out on yours. Great job on your frist Transformers custom(Galvatron was my frist as well) and i hope to see more.

7. mikeflosi

Thanks everyone...

Yea I looked at the legs when I got home from work... but I really don't know what to do. I'll tweak with them tonight I guess

8. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

this is turning out really good man. i've enjoyed seeing the progress. I think if you decide to modify the legs, it would be the icing on this build. If you could mod his legs to rotate at the knee or thigh, and add more "galvy" looking feet, it would be really awesome.

9. mikeflosi

Yea I would love to be able to rotate the his leg and I wish they were a little longer. But I'm kinda stuck there on how to do it. I don't know really what to do to the the lower legs and feet, and that's why I want to keep them as is. But if you have recommendations I'm all ears.

10. mikeflosi

Got an idea for the legs.. Ill be working on it the next few days... I;m going to extend the legs, get some rotation in the legs and new feet. Guess there goes my 4 days off...

11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    o_O  It transforms! Wow...

12. adconx2

adconx2 Cybertron D-Block

Ebay:
    You got to be kidding me, this thing is looking Sweet!!! Can't wait for the fin product.

13. mikeflosi

Updated legs and feet

I spent the last few days figuring out how to change the feet and allow the legs to turn. It took some time since the voyager energon Megs legs are all in pieces. I used the legs and feet from the Alternators Optimus Prime to make the modifications. Overall it came out good and it allows for better articulation in the figure. The pictures will show the changes.

I'm now going to apply some putty to thicken the legs up and to make them more stable. Also, I'm going to mess around with the lower legs and knee pads to give a more of a Galvatron feel.

Attached Files:

14. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I really love what you're doing here! The build and details are shaping up very nicely and I like the alt mode and the use of the G1 cannon---KEEP USING THAT CANNON! It fits in perfectly with what you've done here so far.

My only suggestions would be to move the shoulder pods down to the area between the head and shoulders (they look kinda odd and too tall) and hide those hands in alt mode. Other than that, this is gold, my friend! Keep up the great work and I'll be watching this one for sure.

15. mikeflosi

Yea I'm trying to figure out how to move the shoulder pads over with out interfering in the transformation. I guess I could make them removable parts...
    as for hiding the hands, I think I'm going to leave them as is.

16. mikeflosi

Shoulder pads... Done

So I decided to add shoulder pads to the figure. I made them out of styrene. It was kinda difficult, but fun (not quite finished yet). The Shoulder pads are removable and the shoulder pods (from the original Galvatron) are also removable. I guess you can say the modifications give the figure a more of an IDW Galvatron look, maybe still my own vision of him.
    Now the reason I made them removable was for the transformation. The shoulder pads will cover the hands in its alternate cannon mode and the pods will move to the shoulder like I had originally.
    You can also see from the pics that the lower legs are gone (working on those next, should done by the weekend); however, if you notice I made his up legs a little bulkier.
    I'm hoping next week at this time I will be doing an in-depth cleaning of the figure and getting ready for paint.

Enjoy for now... more soon.

Attached Files: