Heavy/Scratch: wip g1 accurate devastator

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Megatron31, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    when i get off work im gonna work on the other knee so he can stand on both legs, (wont take long) then i will post a side profile of the lower torso. and some that arent sideways since it wil be a little more stable

2. Megatron31

Ebay:
    ok so here is a few with the crotch panel i have in mind for longhaul which is pretty large and should help elongate the torso

and here is also a side shot which he looks skinny but keep in mind that i have not permantly attatched (or made connections rather) hook to longhaul and that may also add some length and depth to the torso.

and there is a mod for longhauls hips i had in mind originally but the current state seemed to work but if i did this it would add another inch to his stance and make him look more wide in the hip area

Attached Files:

3. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

I think the crotch panel and chest shield will help. Once u finish hook and get him connected the upper body should be real nice. I might consider adding something to the front and/or back of scrapper and mixmaster. Maybe sum extra armor,guns,large cannons,chain saw attachments,etc. Keep at it man!

4. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    Coming along nicely!

5. Megatron31

Ebay:
    taking this into account and thinking long and hard about it i have been busy, and in doing so have elminated quite bit more of the parts forming.

the only thing on the leg thats extra parts is the knee joint which plugs into the rear of scrapper and mixmaster (who is gonna be redone to go along with the more g1 esque vibe) and the knee plugs into the bottom of longhaul via energon connector.

hook now has his attatchent point to longhaul via pcc joint and the arm is just help up there for my veiwing pleasure but will be a pcc joint as well giving him 360 degree front shouldler a 30 degree lateral movement and some front to back shoulder pivets as well. which should be done here soon as i complete more of hook

i big thanks goes out to the guys who have crtiqued this and gave their suggestions and made him what he is thus far.

and without furher verbage and nonsense a look at what has been nearly a year in the making.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sorry for the blurry pics but he is hard to photograph with so much white, oh and bonecrusher is there for scale as these are all big deluxes

Attached Files:

6. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

Really digging everything about this.Those bot heads are awsome.Were they made just for this or are they for sale somewhere?I also think Mixmaster could use a bigger mixer(hes my fave TF,i'm picky about him).Other than that small thing,this is very nice.

7. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

great update! nice to see him standing!

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking good dude! Lookin rrreeaaallllllyyy good!

9. Megatron31

Ebay:
    all the heads including devastators were made by board member cashanova
    and purchased through shapeways

thanks man its been a long time coming now if he only had arms and hands

thanks man much appreciated i guess this answers your question from when i first made bonecrusher (you asked if they were going to combine)

10. Megatron31

Ebay:
    he isnt standing on his own but he is standing and attatched at all points now all that is left is sturding up the top, which is the only reason for the supports , the heft of the arms is making the swivels on hooks upper and lower torso turn, i think the best thing for that is gonna be when i fully moutn the head. my plan is to have something attatch to each torso as it goes into the pcc joint and that should help level out the shoulders.

sorry for the terrible pics but i was kinda cautious of moving since he is still kinda loosy goosy

but im sharing how i did it with the pics and put bumblebee in their for scale, top of the head measure in at 14 inchs. devastator himself requires one more mod which will be on long haul (hips wider) along with some thigh gaurds to hide longhaul. then i can go back to finishing the details on each individual constructicon and start over on bonecrusher and mixmaster (they were my first 2 and some of my very first customs and i have got better over the last year and i would like to try them again)

ramrider and I discussed the shoulders and innatially there were some concerns about weather or not they would do the job or not and the verdict is they are stout!. i have had a request to do a g1 styled chest plate for someone elses devy and im gonna measure it against mine and see if i want one if i do i may be casting this part.

its been said before that will all of the effort i have put in everywhere else the forarms need to be done. i am still in debate on this as it needs a better elbow joint but i kinda like the foreamrs but they might could stand to be a bit shorter

the hands are the injected mold ones availible on ebay (g force hands i think)

that is all for now i will be updating the individual constructicons as i add to them, and will start new threads on bonecrusher and mixmaster as I redo them

thanks for looking and let me know what you think

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  11. kennum1

kennum1 Well-Known Member

Where you get the knee cap (Yellow and Blue color) from? Thank you.

12. Megatron31

Ebay:
    they are the mid toro of the tanks from energon bruticus (makes the ratchet joint for energon combiners)

13. compute146

compute146 Well-Known Member

Loving this my friend, big big dev fan, and your doing him proud, beautiful work. fantastic stuff!
    all the best
    colin

14. spoonman

spoonman I make bots.

Fan-TASTIC dude! I relly do love where this is goin! I'm gonna have to try to forget I saw this when I get back to work on mine ;) 

15. Megatron31

Ebay:

Thank Colin maybe one day I will tackle a huge project like that unicorn of yours

Thanks spoon, I say the say the same thing when I look at your perceptor

16. Moriamur

Moriamur Stunticons... COMBINE!!!

Wow...

Looking at your last update images of your Devastator, my mind is blown away a lot at the level of engineering done to the bots in combined mode

Really I just can not think of any kind of constructive critic for the custom since the points I am thinking about, you already stated that you are working on

Really can not wait to see that bad boy combiner fully finished and painted, will probably have to take a plane and travel around the world just to pick up pieces of my blown up brain; keep it up man!

17. kennum1

kennum1 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for the help. I will give it a try myself