Heavy/Scratch: wip g1 accurate devastator

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Megatron31, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    update oct 18 2011

its been a while kids but i am back at it again on devy the weapons orders have slowed down and blaster is out of my head so a large update for you

real large

and here is a link to all of the constructicons individual threads

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/creative-general-discussion/323577-help-me-brainstorm.html

3/7/11

big update in the land of constructicons megatron is assembling his masterpiece of destruction, not much remains before devastator will be gin his reign of terror on the autobots and all that oppose him.

Behold the awesomeness of 16 inches of pure plastic crack (and my personal project for nearly a year now.

unfortunatly i didnt have space to take the pics any other way but vertical and now i dont know how to get the rightside up my apologies

feb 22
    Well you guys have been patient and i have given you a taste of the lower half of devastator hwo here is a little look at his upper half. i havent yet got hook all together but i set this up to see how scale was gonna look and couldnt resist sharing what i see.

devastator head is curtosy of cashanova thanks again man i really love this design

a side note devastators shoulders are integrated into the hook design so no extra crap but all of that will be revealed in time thanks for looking and here are the pics

UPDATE DEC 1

AFTER A LONG HIATAS FROM THE TF CUSTOM WORLD AND AND SOME CREATIVE BLOCK I PRESENT THE LOWER HALF
    Constructicons UNITE!!!!
    thanks go to bigbot3030 for getting me out of my slump and helping me get my craetive juices flowing again

hopefully long haul will be finished up soon and i can start on hook and scrapper and then paint these guys in the spring (i work slow if you havent noticed)

UPdate on post 18 constructicon heads 10/28/10

Update on last post 10/11/10

well i have been working on this project since june then i decided i dont want to do it the way most have. i want g1 accuracy and the only way to get it was some major kitbashing! i had a devastator thread but only 2 things from it are going to be in my final result

so this is going to be my work in progress thread for devasator so far i have both arms and one completely painted (once i get it all up and going i may redo the elbow joint to get more rigidity) but i am very happy with how this has turned out thus far.

i will be showing combiner modes only is this thread of the constucticons i am making (currently working on longhaul) and want to show off the whole lower torso next but i have the arms pretty well finished and thought they were worth showing off (all figs are deluxed size )

thanks for looking C&C welcome

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  2. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    Devastator must the #1 favorite among g1 fans, I have seen so many customs,attempts to custom and 3rd company attachments, that they are countless now. But hey, one more won't hurt LOL! , by the way looks nice, Good luck with your project!

3. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    will follow this thread :D  good luck!

4. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

loving the updates keep'em coming!!this is gonna be one of the best devastators out there when done. IMO

5. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    Adam i love u :) 

this is awesome

looks so good

6. Megatron31

Ebay:
    thanks D its nice to feel appreciated:drunk 

and thanks for all the comments i know devy is kind of a dead horse but i think this might be a little different im hoping i can get longhaul in a shape soon where i can post up some i kinda stuck on him at teh moment but all is good cause i got some time off here soon to work out the kinks

7. Bern

Bern Pathetic fools!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No Devastator is never a dead horse! Keep up the good work man.

One crit: for G1 accuracy, Bonecrusher is upside-down the way you have it. Only reason I made the comment was due to the thread title.

Looking good and I'm digging this build!

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweeeeeet... But uh, yea, if you want geewun akerate, bonecrusher needs to get flipped around. Devy's arm should take n come out the back end of his alt mode ;)  Just lettin ya know brudda :D . Buuut, I'm sure you knew that already, lol.

9. Megatron31

Ebay:
    Man you guys are picky. Well to be honest its a cross between g1 and IDW's all hail megatron series which is why bonecrusher is the way he is. Thanks for setting me straight guys

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol, I was just givin you grief because you said you wanted a G1 accurate Devy. You know I love where you're goin with this!! This is going to be THE hottest Devy ever made... so far. :D  Just kiddin dude!! I don't think this will every be topped man.

11. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see what you have in store for Long Haul - I really love watching what you come up with to create more G1 accurate Constructicons.

12. Megatron31

Ebay:
    thanks guys i may have some time to work on longhaul today so expect an update on him

13. Megatron31

Ebay:
    small update here i dont know if you can read it but the ruler says 10" for hone leg and longhaul next to it for scale there are some kinks to work out with attatching the legs to longhaul but i thnk i have that figurd out but i want to get more on longhaul before i get that far into it

the knee will get some more bulk added to it and i may redo mixmasters upper torso before its all said and done but we will see

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

i love seeing updates on this project!

15. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is so comin along awesomely... I wish I had the spare bots to do this with.. *sigh* oh wellz... maybe if I get a settlement from my shoulder I can just have you build me one :D 

16. Megatron31

Ebay:
    yeah finding what i need has been part of the problem (it takes a while to track down some the parts that arent way overpriced) taht and the fact that i dont knw what i need until i get the ball rolling on each one

i still want to go back and use the pcc joints to connect some of these guys and integrate them but that is still in the works no physical mannifestation at this point

figuring out wheels for longhaul has been a huge challenge for me for some reason

17. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You'll figure it out man ;) .

18. Megatron31

Ebay:
    the heads

Huge props go to cashanova for these heads and cant thank him enough as they turned out amazing.

now it has been a point of pride with me that i have tried to mke these as if they were actual toys as i possibley can, and to make them as close to the images i have been following as possible (All Hail Megatron) and that means heads with light piping and thanks to Cash i was able to pull this off the first one is mixmaster ( he needs a little work i got a little anxious and didnt let the candy red dry enough before i put on my tape and teh black isnt thick enough in some areas so he will get repainted and touched up but he was a test to see if i could even pull this off and well, i will let the pic speak for it self

and the last pic is of the first stage of paint for the rest of the constructicons

i didnt really want to start yet another thread for my devastator so i decided to combine it with the overall build

pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Megatron31

Ebay:
    damit it wont let me upload my good face shot

oh well when i get the rest painted i will put them all up and maybe scavengers head on

20. Cashanova

Cashanova Sons Of Unicron PTT

The red ones are making me hungry! Mmmm Gummy cons.