Minor/Repaint: WIP: Energon LioKaiser

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DanHibiki, Sep 8, 2009.

1. DanHibiki

DanHibiki Dan Couga Mellencamp

WIP: Energon LioKaiser, now with how-to!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

You know, that helicopter would make for a cool Deathcobra. He never got a toy, but he did appear in the Victory cartoon and was supposed to replace Hellbat and probably would've ended up being one of the Liokaiser limbs had he not been killed.

This is very cool.

Are you going to be using the FP kit for proper hands and feet?

3. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's nice to see someone taking advantage of the combination tech from the Energon combiners, and I've often wondered why there's never been a LioKaiser repaint. It begs for it! Like Satomiblood mentioned, the chopper is a (no pun intended) dead ringer for DeathCobra, with the rest of the combiner limbs matching the other members. Nothing says the rest of the BreastForce couldn't have tweaked their modes to match the other vehicles. With some appendage add-ons to top this off, this looks to turn out VERY nicely:thumb 

4. benclark1982

benclark1982 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I couldn't agree with you more Giga Leo. The energon combiners have such potential to become much better than they were originally and to become updated version of all of the G1 combiners. I am currently working on my technobots in this way and have been throwing around the idea of a Menasor made from these. DanHibiki keep up the great work and cant wait to see the final product.

5. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

just a thought

i would use the barricade core body for jarugars character since the barricade mold happens to be the most posable in core body combiner mode

while energon omnicon skyblast could with some minor mold tweaking and kitbashing be given a better set of legs knee joint wise and with a differant robot head salvaged from terrorcon energon battleravage andthe right colorscheme could make for a much more suitable leozak figure

with a set of salvaged plug socket joints from on of those mega blox neoshifter planet shellformer sets it could even be possible to modskyblast and the barricade figure so that sky blas as leozak could lock into place on barricades chest/stomach area to serve as the entire breast plate armor with the barricade figure serving as jarugar for the core body itself

6. hyperdrive89

hyperdrive89 Autobot Seeker

I too agree with the idea that the helicopter could be DeathCobra and Satomiblood is right . You could turn that into a good alternate limb .

7. Crimsonthunder

Crimsonthunder Well-Known Member

Lookin good so far!

8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've got one of these in the works too just waiting for either energon Bruticus to get released or money so I can get some more components.

The way you've combined Storm jet and Barricade is interesting. How stable is it? and how is it actually attatched?

Here's my take on Gaihawk, feel free to use the transformation, it's got the same pose ability and transforms the same but backwards and looks better. If you wnat to know anything about the mod let me know and I'll get back to you

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/249509-gai-hardwork-energon-universe-gaihawk.html

and here's TFMaster's version of Liokaiser
    http://www.tfans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=46923&hl=superion

9. DanHibiki

Yeah, I have all 7 in a clear bin marked "Energon Liokaiser", so Death Cobra will be included :) 

It's up in the air on whether to use Alternator hands or the add on kit. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks. Like I originally said, I hope to make this easy enough that you start seeing 50 threads on LioKaiser everyday :p 

I've got something for you technobots...you just wait :p 

Barricade is already being used for Jaruga, so I'm not sure I follow...

I think everyone is on the same page with this :) 

Thanks!

Barricade is almost in "truck mode", but his forearms are flipped the other way. Then you just remove Stormjet's "skirts" and plug barricades hands onto the holes and BAM! He holds. It's pretty secure too. The only mod you have to do is shave a little off Stormjet's waist so that the legs flip all the way back. All in all, the knife has only had to be used once with no other mods.

I tweaked the transformation some last night and it looks a little more solid through the torso. Almost proportional. Now I just need to figure out a drill for drillhorn and paint them up.

10. DanHibiki

Here he is. Might change a little bit of the transformation on the arms, but this is a no cutting required Energon Liokaiser...

[​IMG]

Next step is changing heads and painting.

Attached Files:

11. DanHibiki

And let me note...he doesn't like when you make fun of him and call him seal boy or ask him if he knows flipper...The guy's got no sense of humor.

12. DanHibiki

Ta-da!
    [​IMG]

13. DanHibiki

The six steps to your own breast force

[​IMG]

Step one: Cut a small section out of the back assembly of Stormjet/Leozack
    [​IMG]

Step two: remove Barricade/Jaruga's gestalt head panel(no picture required really) and Stormjet/Leozack's skirts(again, no picture needed)

Step three: Configure Barricade/Jaruga
    [​IMG]

Step four: Configure Stormjet/Leozack
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Step five: Plug Stormjet/Leozack's skirt pegs into Barricade/Jaruga's fist holes
    [​IMG]

Step six: Add other limbs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's it.

I plan to take it a step or two further with a remolded head, Deathcobra extra limb and hollowed out Battle Ravage arms. And of course, paint.

Attached Files:

14. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

very nice indeed and so simple as well.

15. DanHibiki

16. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

I like that you used the Energon Barricade mold for Jaruga - I've long imagined a similar combination myself (based on various combinations of Energon Steam Hammer and Energon Demolishor), but have never had the actual figures to try it out with lol

17. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

just my thoughts man

i have found that if you take energon storm jet and set him up in core body combiner mode but with the legs left like they are for stormjets individual robot mode

then just fold the lower arm moutned wings inward towards the center of the core bodys chest

then just rotate the entire legs inside out at the hips and then just set them up with the lower legs folded up in front of the corebody's chest like they would be chest moutned missile pods

remove those hinged black and white folding tabs on stormjet and plug barricades hands into place over stormjets nobs

you might have to adjust barricades arms through the shoulder joints to get the jet body centered juts right likethis but i believe it would result in a much more stabler duo core body combiner form.

18. DanHibiki

Pictures?

19. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i was with you up until the legs, they just won't bend like that and look good without modding

20. DanHibiki

updated the pictures since I found my camera charger...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]