Minor/Repaint: WIP: Energon Combaticons: Swindle & Blast Off

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by John ofthe Dead, Jul 23, 2009.

1. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi! I'm getting ready for the upcoming Target release of Bruticus. I'm trying to have a more traditional version with five unique bots. Swindle and Blast Off are in need of replacements, so I came up with these quick substitutes.

Swindle is just an Energon Bonecrusher with the scoop removed. I also added a gun from the Cybertron Swindle. Without the scoop, he goes from a front-end loader to more of a bune-buggy. It's not perfect, but it was quick and cheap.

Blast Off is a different matter. I combined parts from a couple of different Energon Aerialbots and painted over the baby-blue with brown. I still need to add a Decepticon logo over the Autobot. However, I think it still looks a little drab. I originally had some purple highlights, but then it looked too much like Skywarp's kid brother. Any suggestions for improvements?

Any input and feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty cool man. Amazing how much different that Constructicon looks without the scoop!

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

That's pretty clever what you did with Swindle. I never would've seen that coming. Do you plan on painting them at all? Because I think you should.

4. cyclonus666

cyclonus666 target master

maby a browm wash all over and shorten the wings a hair and I think it would alot like blast off

5. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    damn thats a quick and easy swindle!

6. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey, a brown wash is a good idea! I'm definitely going to try that this evening. Thanks! I think with more brown, I can add in some purple highlights without it looking too much like Skywarp.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. I really appreciate it!

7. galvascream

galvascream Apple Junkie

News Credits:
    how did u remove teh scoop

8. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I always thought that mold would wok well for BlastOff, though it needs more paint still :) 

I'm not sold on Swindle, but of the available mold choices, I think you've made a good choice, and the scoop-mod helps.

I might suggest swapping heads between the two, as "Blast Off" has a good pair of Swindle-goggles.

D/L

9. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i actually used these two on my combaticans bash. i repainted blast off to his g1 colours and added a bit purple to swindle too. they work really well. i even added a g1 head to bruticus and the chest shield. energon bruitcus can be made into a great classics bruiticus.

10. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Have to agree that "Blast Off's" head should be on swindle to help sell it better. Good job though I really like the brown and black contrast on Blast Off

11. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I had a similar idea with my energon Bruticus where I used the yellow scoop with plans to remove the scoop. I never got around to it, but seeing how just that one change can make such a massive difference, I'm certainly going to do this now. How hard was it to do? Just tapping out the pin?

As for Blast-off, I know it's less G1 accurate, but I prefer the A-10 mold for him instead. Mainly because it makes a much better limb. But that's just me.

It's amazing what a simple mold swap can do for these Combiners, to the point it's a shame that each one had repainted limbs. The energon hands/feet would have been less of an issue if they were all completely unique bots instead of repainted limbs.

12. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Swindle=WIN! :thumb