Heavy/Scratch: Wip energon/ chug grimlock

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jordy, Jan 22, 2012.

1. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    Okay I am really prowd of me and my best mate on this one, we have considered making a seperate account for our joint kitbashes which we will have to ask a mod and admin about but this is the first WIP joint figure of the Screaming Jordy.

WIP
    Energon/CHUG GRIMLOCK

Okay now the body is as you can see grimlock from Energon. First thing that had to go was the legs, we took them off and cut up a CHUG Kup's legs, perfect for better articulation and we are also working on keeping him more balanced as when he does go into poses he will fall down sadly. We also had to remove parts in side the feet so that the new legs could fit in

Second thing that had to go was the hands, ugly looking things so we removed them and put CHUG Jetfires hands there instead, these hands give the full rotation to grimlocks wrist and make it look so much better for detail.

Third that stupid combiner gimmick, when it was time to put those legs and waist on grimlock we also got rid of that gimmick, we cut of just under the teeth grove on his gut and super glue plus green stuffed part of the cavity as well as the area around it to make it look better.

Forth the dino claws, still working on these so they can flip up but for now I have taken a chunk of plastic out of it so it atleast go higher up then before, still not good enough I know but hey it's getting there :) 

Fifth the weapons we ended up taking a treadbolt aka the repaint chug jetfire and removing part of his gun handles so it looks more like Grimlock's plus we gave him a new sword a megazord sword from mmpr.

Next work is to fill in the neck and work on extra detail around the head and maybe slim the big joints down on top of his arms as they do look a little to big, but if I can do more detail else where and maybe change the head I may keep them depending on his this looks.

so as I said still a WIP but what do you think. Pictures were taken at two different times of the day, but better ones will be put up later.

Attached Files:

• 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    • 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
  2. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Looks pretty good.

3. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    thanks cheetor, he is still a long way off being finished as I want to do more work to him but, thanks for the kind words.

4. Notilator

Notilator Xenomorph4

This is.....actually kinda promising :p  I realy hated the original CHUG one and I realy. Look forward to seeing you interpretation :) 

5. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks Notilator, I to disliked the robot version of the chug grimlock yet loved the dino mode, My friend and I wish to make a grimlock that is better looking then that and we felt that this mold was the way to go for a deluxe size, closer to its g1 bot and with the right parts could be come better look, we want to get a better head so I am looking out for parts there, any ideas would be awesome, I am thinking maybe the titanium head depending on the size of it but I am not sure if I want to go with the chug head because of the size comparrison of body to head ratio.

6. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    does any one know the size comparrision between the titanium 6" grimlock head and the energon grimlock head?

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Nice work on this. These are so rare, I've always been a bit unwilling to make any changes to mine... but swapping out the legs is a great idea. Maybe Classics Grimlock would provide good forearms for him that wouldn't look quite so long?

zmog

8. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    you have a good point on that, if I come cross one I may have to check it out, the only problem is though trying to remove the grimlock arms that are already there.