Digibash: WIP Digibash

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hi all. This is a kitbash that I'm planning on doing, so I decided to make a digibash of what i'm planning on doing. It isn't complete yet. I still need to add some orange and some flames to the bot mode, and the yellow, orange, and flames to the alt mode. This is going to be Rodimus Prime, but I haven't exactly decided on what head I'm going to use yet. One of the pics of the bot mode has a Kiss Rodimus head edited onto it, but it looks a bit too Fembotish to me for some reason. I've posted two pictures of the movie Ratchet toy for comparison. I'm going to be posting updated pics as I get more work done on it, and I'll probably make a new thread for the final digibash. Friendly comments and suggestions are welcome. Thanks for looking. Peace out.

Movie Ratchet for comparison-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rodimus Prime digibash-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Neat! If you do make this kitbash, please don't use pedophile Rodimus prime's head!

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    lol. I'm currently trying to find a different head to use for him. That's the only one that I have found that could work for the character and should be about the right size for the project. If anybody has any ideas, I'm open. Peace out.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It would be really nice to hear some feedback on my work here. I've got some updated pics of him. Other than picking a head for him that will work, and adding the flames, he's pretty much done. I've colored up a Cybertron Mudflap head and put it on him to see what it looked like. I don't think it's all that bad, I wasn't able to get the red to match with the red on the rest of him, but it's close enough for a kitbash in my opinion. What do you all think of it? Thanks for any comments, and any suggestions. Thanks for looking. Peace out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Okay, yeah. That's Rodimussy. I think Mudflap's head would work nicely, and at a much more accessible price point, too. Good call on switching the purple emergency stripes to yellow.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. I was looking at randome gallerys on Seibertron, and when I looked at his, I got an instant Rodimus vibe from it. I had just started the process with that first alt mode pic. I didn't get any more time in lab to work on it till today. Since I don't have photoshop, I won't be able to work on these until Monday, and I'm going to be working on a big project then, so it might still be a while after that before I can finish it. Peace out.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Too bad the movie figs don't come out for a while. This looks like it's going to be quite impressive.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. I can't wait to do this, but I've got a good sized list of kitbashes that I need to do before this one. I'm not trying to complain, but I've always noticed that the threads that I start, don't get that much response, even after waiting a long time for someone to respond to my thread. I don't know if I've made a lot of enemies on here or what, but I'm sorry if I did. I've gotten over my ingorance that I had when I first joined here. Well, back onto my topic here, I can't wait to do this custom. I'm trying to think up creative ways to add flame's to it in interesting places. I'm planning on adding flames to the hood of the car, but I can't think of any other place to put them. I'll have to test some things in photoshop the next time that I get a chance to. Again, thanks for looking. Peace out.

9. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Gonna do anything about the gimpy claw hands?

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Well, I wasn't planning on it, because I personally like the way that they look, but I might change my mind once it comes out and I have it in my hands.

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looking at that toy in red, it wouldn't make a half-bad Ironhide either IMO.

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey, i found this doing an image search on Yahoo!; hope it helps:

[​IMG]

13. lobes

lobes You okay, Bumblebee?

have u tried a digibash with energon rodimus's head? or maybe classics rodimus, just curious to see what that would look like

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I would, but I don't imagine those heads would work for the mold. Ratchet is a voyager, and both of those are Deluxes, and from what I can see in pictures, Classics Rodimus's head is small for even a deluxe. I would be able to make a final decision if I was able to see some comparison pics of Ratchet with something that I own, or if I was able to get a hold of one, but that won't be for a while. If anybody has any more suggestions about what head I could use for this, feel free to do so. Thanks for the comments everyone. Peace out.

15. evilratbat

evilratbat EVILRATBAT

looking at this he would make a good hot spot g1 homage

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the comments guys. This planned kitbash has given me another idea for a kitbash. I'm thinking of doing a repaint of another movie toy into Hot Rod, so I can have the before and after the effect of the matrix with him. I'm thinking about using the movie Jazz to for it, but I would like to hear some suggestions before I make a decision. Thanks to anybody that puts some input on this, and thanks for looking. Peace out.

17. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While I can see where you're coming from, but with the Mudflap head, I get more of an Inferno vibe.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I can see that, but do you have any suggestions of what head that I should use then?

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I haven't gotten a chance to work on the flames yet, but I have started a digibash of movie Jazz as Hot Rod. It's not finished, but I've got the basic colors on it. What do you guys think? Thanks for looking, and thanks for any comments on my work. Peace out.

Jazz for reference-
    [​IMG]

Hot Rod-
    [​IMG]

20. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I'm thinking that at an "affordable" price, the Titanium Rodimus head might actually be around the right size for this kitbash (the Movie Ratchet one). From the pictures I've seen, it's a decent size, and it's not an especially expensive figure. By the time the movie toys come out, Titan Rodimus should be easy enough to find (we hope!).

Also, I think you should definitely consider swapping those claws out for some real fists. While the claws might work for Movie Ratchet's "alien monster" style, I think Rodimus, with his rather human-like appearance, needs hands.

However, I agree with some of the other folks... I get more of an Inferno vibe from the pics.

zmog