Heavy/Scratch: WIP custom oilslick..or something

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by I AM MEGATRON, May 2, 2009.

1. I AM MEGATRON

I AM MEGATRON pleasure model

Hi, this is my first real custom job and i know the execution is sloppy, its still a WIP and alot of edges/surfaces aren't finished, any pointers/criticism would greatly be appreciated.

I took a tftm jazz (obviously) and removed the doors from his legs, and placed them onto his shoulders..gave him hands with ball joint wrists from a tftm swindle figure, so that they could fold away in alt mode..also split the trunk and glued to his legs. Finally gave him a head from tftm wreckage..(which fits perfectly on the ball joint). I also scratched out his autobot symbol..i liked the idea of a turncoat autobot..so i call him oilslick..originally i was giving him the name tarmac..which i might go backl to. The black doors and panels in robot mode are all photoshopped..Im just trying to decide on where and what colour to put. I know its all a bit rough still..its in the finishing stages..just have some cleaning up to do..and my major problem is how to fill in the gap by the doors..the ball joint and hinge need that space for the doors to move. if anyone has any ideas, they are gladly welcomed. Hope to keep at it, I have about 3 more im doing right now..I'll post them up in due time. Thanks

Thanks again

Attached Files:

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Cool mods!

3. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Not bad! Pretty cool actually. I like how you attached the doors to his shoulders, but I'm not sure how you'd go about fixing the gap

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

He looks great! How did you actually go about attaching those doors? Are they permanently attached yet? I'd love to see a close up of the hinge.

I've been wanting to do something like this with that Jazz mold for ages, because I like it and hate it at the same time. :) 

zmog

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    First of all, welcome!

Next, you're off to a great start! I hope you fix the gap on the hood (perhaps add some sort of hinged piece?). Also, I'd like to suggest you paint this guy a different color (blue perhaps?). I love the mods you've done to him. Great start!

I do hope we see more from you! :thumb 

6. I AM MEGATRON

I AM MEGATRON pleasure model

Thanks everyone, I have a few more that im trying to finish..one major one and a few minor ones. I was thinking of blue for a little while, but kinda liked the silver and flat black a bit more..initially i was going to use black to kind of blend in the gaps..but i managed to fix the hood gap that was bugging me by adding a cutting a tab out of one of the protruding pieces. The gap in the front of the hood was intentional, i was going for another vent like some cars have. Its just sort of rough..i have a bit of cleaning to do all over. Heres a couple pics of the hinge as requested....its just the ball joint and shoulder piece from a deluxe brawl figure, and i cut a standoff piece out of acrylic and attached to the door.. The ball joint starts inside the vent piece..i just opened it and dremelled out the insides...then put the ball in and put it back together. Thanks again..Im thinking of covering up those door gaps with some pieces that are removable so they can be weapons

Attached Files:

7. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    nice bots, but nir it looks like a smart roadster, not like a pntiac solstice :)  but very nice!

8. jtfire

jtfire Well-Known Member

Very nice I like the uniquness of it and the color