2D Artwork: WIP Contest Entry - Black Lion (Original Character, Chrysler 300C SRT-8)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by TheBlackLion, Jul 12, 2009.

1. TheBlackLion

TheBlackLion New Member

Friends,

I've been a fan of TFW2005 for a while now, but this is my first post. Black Lion is an original character I've always wanted to create - a street-smart, tough Autobot who's into doing things the good ol' way, and likes to think of himself as a classic, but with a 'new edge'.

Upon arriving on Earth he chooses an alt mode that combines his love of tough and sturdy looks with new technology and power - a Chrysler 300C SRT-8! I've done a few sketches of various parts of Black Lion, including transformation details, but to start off, here's his alt mode.

More to come soon - just have to get my scanner working again and I'll upload a few sketches in the coming days!

Attached Files:

2. TheBlackLion

TheBlackLion New Member

Sketch #01 - Arm Detail

Friends,

Here's the first sketch - worked on a detail of Black Lion's arms. It occurred to me that in our own bodies, our muscles perform two functions - they help us move, but they also protect our internal organs.

So I've tried to create a similar sort of feel for this robot as well - the front seats form the robot's arms, and you can see where they striate and wrap themselves around the skeletal arm structure just like our own biceps, triceps and forearm muscles.

Also, the upper arm structure is formed by the metallic assembly behind the seats, while his hands are formed from the brackets beneath the seats, and the forearms from the sliding racks that move the seats forwards and backwards.

Attached Files:

3. TheBlackLion

TheBlackLion New Member

Sketch #02 - Chest Detail

OK - next sketch - chest detail. As you can see, the famous 300C grill forms his sternum, while the lights from his side pectorals, like Bumblebee.

The HEMI V8 engine forms his abs and obliques, with the front wheels turning inwards to form a rib cage to protect his spark, which is housed behind the engine block in alt mode.

More as it develops, my Friends! :) 

Attached Files:

4. TheBlackLion

TheBlackLion New Member

Sketch #03 - Upper Body Detail

OK - upper body finished as well! Might make some more modifications in the future, but this will have to do for now! :) 

Attached Files: