Minor/Repaint: WIP Classics Stepper or Ricochet or something new?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Lucs, Oct 18, 2009.

?

Which character should this be?

1. New character - keep the paintwork simple

22.7%
  2. Stepper - paint the car black and give him gold details

31.8%
  3. Ricochet - full on paint work and reprolabel flames

31.8%
  4. He looks too much like Prowl! Get back to work!

13.6%
  1. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Here's one of my newest projects Classics Stepper. I like the name Stepper over Ricochet but maybe I can make another custom and call it Ricochet.

I'm torn with the ease of leaving it the way it is and adding a bit of paint on the face and just calling it good or painting it full on Black car maybe some flames and all the gold details or a mix of both with leaving the car pretty much as it is but adding a good amount of gold detail on the bot mode.

What do you guys think?

So far this guy is a Prowl with some Silverstreak and I painted his legs black. The head is a white cast made from Botcon Jazz

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    UPDATE
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  2. charmed2054

charmed2054 Well-Known Member

less is more i like it you should maybe the face or eyes it looks good ,also were did you get the head someone was going to ask
    but great work

3. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

^^ He said the head is casted from Botcon Jazz :D 

Stepper is great bro, but please don't mind me, I'm in the minority that hates this 350Z mold for anyone else other than Prowl...

4. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

I like the idea of him being Stepper/Ricochet (considering they are the same character, you could just call him either). There haven't been a lot of Classics Steppers made so I think he would be a great choice. Plus he is already half the right colors too.

5. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Thanks bro. Indeed it is Botcon Jazz's head, as I said in the original post :thumb 

Yeah I know they are the same character I was just thinking about making two versions with different names. I know of another board member that made one so far. I'm actually the guy that tracked down the caster that made the heads I sent him. He just happened to beat me to the punch on making one of these guys by a good few months :) 

I'm really liking the idea of a Stepper that's a police car but I don't know if I'm feeling the white on the car mode for some reason. I'm wondering how it would look if it was all black with a lightbar on top.

I think what I might do is paint the robot body as close to Stepper as I can first then figure the car part out after seeing the finished robot

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  6. lotussouljah

THIS. Go for it, you got my thumbs up! :thumb s2

Close to classic would be good too. Either way, all the best of luck to you! Looking forward to what you have cooking up for us to see!

7. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Well if I can get you to like it that's all that matters :D 

But in all seriousness, I've got a good portion of the bot body painted since my last post and it's coming along nicely I think. I'm wondering if any one has an opinion on the head colors. The G1 toy has a gold face and visor (so does Jazz though, being that his is silver face and visor) I want to paint his visor a different color and I'm thinking that autobot blue is a good way to go, but I'm feeling black visor and gold face, any thoughts? If I do black visor I'm losing a color and he becomes only white/black/gold but I feel like he should have at least one more color in there, tough call

8. lotussouljah

Ooooh tough call. If blue, I like a darker blue, like royal, to go with gold. Personal preference though. I do love me black and gold schemes. But I agree with the black visor losing a colour. Hmm...Time for a digibash! Any takers out there?

9. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Word. I need to get me some digibash skills because I would love to be able to play with some colors before I paint. Here's a quick update for ya and it would make a digi easier to do to.

[​IMG]

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    could be ricochet/stepper just like that, looks good

11. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Wow, now he is lookin sharp. I like your idea of making Stepper a Police bot. It's always cool to give a custom your own spin. I think a black visor would look great on him, but maybe clear black like sunglasses or whatever. And if you do that you should strip to tint off his current miss matched windows and paint them clear black too (unless Silverstreak's windshield is blue plastic I have only striped the paint off of a Prowl). I could digibash the black on for you if you want me to later.

p.s. Where did you get that casted head! I'd love to have one cause it's awesome.

12. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    LOVE the gold detailing so far.

REALLY love that there's at least ONE other person that remembers the character's name is actually STEPPER!

And given him being likely related to jazz, his original deco, and even his original name, I REALLY doubt Stepper was the kind of cat that would have ever been a cop. De-Police that thing, FAST!

13. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Yeah I actually went with painting the visor more of a gloss black since that pic and made all the wheels that bronze color too. I noticed the mis-matched windows and decided to go the all black car route so I used windows/doors from Silverstreak and kept them blue so it would match the windshield.

The more I thought about the name I feel like Ricochet would fit a police car a lot more so I may do another one and keep the police car motif

See that's what I was thinking. I kind of see a guy named Stepper to be a breakdancer type with a high level of skill and dedication put in everything he does, which he would do his own way and take pride is his individuality. As I said above I think the name Ricochet fits a cop better so I'll probably do another one with different colors.

Thanks for the kind words so far guys. I'll try to throw more pics up today or tomorrow.

14. yourreflection

yourreflection Well-Known Member

This is turning out great man! I have to find me one of those heads and try this myself.

There is one thing driving me crazy though. It's the rear windows. They've got somewhat of a brown tint to them. I believe that's the factory paint if I'm not mistaken. I'd say paint them black and call it a day cause this bad boy looks great!

15. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Different type of car, and different colours, but for some reason he makes me think of Clampdown, from the E-Hobby Clampdown and Deepcover pairing, the 2 G1 Sideswipe repaints that came out a few years ago.