Minor/Repaint: WIP classics Galvatron updated

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by chlokai, Apr 8, 2008.

1. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

this is my wip Galvatron made from voyager energon megatron (so the size fits with other classics) need some suggestions for the alt mode, I'm thinking of the G1 gun for his arm if it looks ok.

Ive added pics of his updated arms

Attached Files:

2. Valdric_gundam

Valdric_gundam Aes Sedai

looking nice so far. so when your finished with him Can I buy him?... lol... jokeing... any way... It looks bloody awsome.

3. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Dude, this looks great so far. I'm about to post mine up that I've been working on for the last 3-4 months (on and off). The G1 cannon will work, but I took a dremel to mine and shortened it just a bit and cut off the end that used to stick into G1 Galvatron's head (that way it fits flush against the cannon holder I built from part of an old pen, some styrene, and parts of the small electronic tank that came with Energon Galvatron (the smaller TRU voyager version).

Check it out once I post it up (later today/tonight, hopefully). Maybe you'll get a couple of ideas on how to do your cannon.

Keep up the great work, man (I really like what you've done to the head on yours).

4. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks good.

5. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Man, you gotta love that mold its so good to become Galvatron. Well I figure that Galvatron should be his futuristic lookin tripod cannon that I remember from the animated movie and the series. So thats all I got.

6. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

Love that purple! What brand is it?

7. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Great start can't wait to see more!

8. chlokai

thanks for the input, the purple is Liche Purple from games workshop.

9. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

Ha! I thought that purple looked familiar. It's the same purple I used for my Devastator kitbash.

10. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

I love it so far looks great

11. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Bearing in mind, though, that you were fitting it to the Ultra class Megatron, not the Mega class TRU one that Chlokai is.

Another possibility that springs to mind is to scavenge one of the shoulder cannons, possibly from the Ultra class Galvatron (saves any repainting :p ) to use as the barrel of the cannon. Since you're using a smaller fig as a base, it makes sense to use a smaller cannon than that which came with the original fig.

12. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Actually, I used the smaller TRU version (voyager size). It's roughly the same height as the Classics Optimus Prime and Megatron figures. But yeah, I used the smaller, Toys R Us version. I thought I'd mentioned it in the WIP thread or the FINAL one--maybe it slipped my mind. lol

I know what you're talking about with using the cannon from the larger Energon Megatron, but I'll say from experience, it's still a bit too small (even for the smaller Energon Megatron figure).

13. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Ah... maybe you mentioned it and I missed it - it happens. In that case, by all means scavenge those G1s! :p 

14. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    No harm, no foul, Ramrider! It's all good.

I can't wait to see what chlokai does on this project (I've always been a huge Galvatron fan). :) 

15. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I'm toying with the idea of more G1 alt modes on my Ultra-class Megatron, but I don't want to mess with it too much, as I also like the jet mode. I've actually knocked up a pretty vicious-looking blaster mode, but I need to work out how to keep the handle in place, otherwise it's a two-handed weapon. Still, I've got a few ideas...

16. chlokai

thanks for the suggestion guys, i think i'm going to try to make the transformation as simple as possible to try and not make it too bulky in robot mode as that's how its being diplayed........but it's taken a back seat for now as i've started a classics perceptor and cand get away from it.

17. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Hey whatever rocks your boat. If you got to work on another project then thats cool, be sure to post pics though for us to see what you've done. Just remember kitbashing is not a race, you must take your time and just have fun.

18. chlokai

some new pics

19. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    It's looking great so far, chlokai. I really dig that you are trying to keep the tank treads connected to the arms and having them transform like the old G1 Galvatron. Looking forward to seeing more progress on this.

Keep up the great work, bro!