Minor/Repaint: *WiP* Classics Galvatron (blue)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Optimus_Prowl, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    So first of all this is my take on classics Galvatron. I've been working on him off and on for the past like 2 months now and have finally gotten him to transform! I just need to pain the extra bits.

Galvy is built from a Leader class Energon Megatron figure. I kept the main nose of the plane and sawed off the cockpit to allow for a spot to glue in a rare earth magnet and attach the front of the cannon. The cannon is made from and old blow pen. I thought that with the two pieces of the Blowpen together that it would weigh down the front of the figure. I rememdied this problem by making separate in half and having only the front part attach in Galvy's cannon mode. I also glued a rare earth magnet on the inside of the blowpen and one to Galvy's arm to make the arm cannon.

The parts I use for his cannon mode support are a pair tank treads made from a toy tank I found in the street sawn in half, his green energon shoulder cannons with nail tips glued on top to attach to the tank treads. And for the back support I used a couple of spare Bioncle pieces and more magnets!

Now this Galvy will actually have 4 modes once finished. I have made it so that the same way the cannon attaches to the front the Cockpit can also reattach and the wings and wheels can all reattach from his Energon mode. The rear Bionicle support also lets me create a gun mode for him by taking off the treads on the front and flipping the two supports forward he then has three different barrels at his front. He can also change into his iconic cannon mode (pictured) and his robot mode.

That's about it. Thanks for looking and don't forget to leave any questions or comment or advice.

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    might I suggest shortening those leg pieces that you're mounting the treads too so they're not so long? its not that they're really too long so much as they're so skinny that the length just draws your attention to it.

3. Optimus_Prowl

News Credits:
    You do have a point. I'll paint them first to see how it looks and if they still look too long then I'll cut them and reattach the nail heads. That should also solve the balance problem I'm haveing with him as the nails don't want to rest correctly on top of the treads and it throws it off.

4. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Looks great so far, bro. I agree, the treads need to be shorter, but the bot mode looks very nice. (check mine out for reference, if you're interested--I'm actually re-visting mine that I completed back in April to do a few more mods on the hands, a ball joint for the head, and some minor detail on the paint job--I hope to post it up again with the new mods sometime soon).

Keep it up, man--can't wait to see the finished product!

5. Optimus_Prowl

News Credits:
    Hey man thanks. this is a hard figure to work with just because hes so big.

6. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I'm amazed how different used this mold to create Galvatron and I dont blame them, and yours is no different. Same type of mold, but different visions of what Galvatron looks like, so very cool job. I too agreed that the legs for those trends need to be shorter, but you'll already knew that.

7. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

looking good, for mine i done a head mod to move the 'horns' from the side of the head to near the top, i think it helped separate him from energon megatron.

8. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

I think this is coming along nicely! I agree with the length of the cannons, but I can also see that you are still in WIP. Bot mode looks perfect. The Blow-pen/Cannon works well, funny how many different pens/markers appear to have Galvatron qualities!

Can't wait for the final product!

9. Optimus_Prowl

News Credits:
    Update:

I cut the stands shorter, just need to glue new nail heads to them and paint. Should have pics soon, maybe tomorrow.