Heavy/Scratch: WIP CHUG Swoop

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jordy, Feb 8, 2012.

1. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    Okay as some of you know I am building all 5 dinobots, some of you have seen my http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/531170-wip-energon-chug-grimlock.html but this is my swoop

This Swoop is just made up of 4 bots I know lol. But the combination works well and looks brilliant in robot mode and alt mode.

His body consists of a thundercracker for the chest, back, missiles, launchers and arms plus the knees. His legs and dinosaur parts are purely Energon Swoop as I always loved that modern day version of him. His Upper legs are cyclonus's and his dinosaur feet are from DOTM Laserbeak.

I have done extensive work to the thunder cracker parts to get these parts right but so far so good and I am quite pleased with how the robot mode is coming along.

The head has been commissioned to be built by our very own SpoonMan as with all the dinobot heads.

So with out any more chit chat from me here is my WIP CHUG Swoop.

Attached Files:

• 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  2. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Reminds me of Maximum Dinobots. nice.

3. Screamingjet

Screamingjet Well-Known Member

Well done mate!! :D 

4. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks guys, swoop is one I am very pleased with as I felt he was well executed and he will be in cartoon colors and not toy colors. I felt that the energon mold had a more realistic feel to it then g1 one did and more realistic then the cybertron brimstone.

5. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

Yeah, mate this is coming along nicely!

6. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks spoon, yeah I'm quite proud of this guy as I love the way his Dino lose an robot mode have come out quite well.

7. Buzby74

Buzby74 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I quite like both modes. The robot mode looks towering and th front view of Swoop reminds me of a true dinosaur waiting in its nest. Realism in the dino mode which i like very much. Cant wait to see this guy painted.

8. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    Well Spoon is making the head for me, we have discussed how it will look and thankyou on the comment of the realisim of hte dino, that is the look I was actually going for, G1 as much as I love him looks to brickish, Energon almost had it but was to brickish with a hint of the realisim behind it and the animated version looked to much like a crane with those long legs but had the idea present of realisim there.

With this bot I chose to go a mimic the realisim of a real dinosaur. I didn't want to go animated as it didnt fit in well with what I was doing and well I didn't just want to copy some one elses idea on there G1 chug swoop. I wanted to go with a mixture of updating the G1 version but staying clear away from those parts as I wanted swoop to have a little more force behind him so I chose to go with the energon swoop parts. It didn't bother me to much that the swoop and grimlock are an expensive bots, I bought them from an old comic book store for like $50 together and well swoop was missing claws as well.

So next step is to try and neaten the trimmed plastic and go from there, When I have the head built and ready to be put on the paint will be applied then.

9. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    This is a really cool take on Swoop, very original.

10. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome!

11. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks Turbo, to me I have never really been a big fan of you can see the alt mode in the robot mode, with this one I wanted people to see the robot mode and like it for itself and the dino mode as well. I wanted to bring fear to swoop as well his original mode and animated form does not have that and I have always pictures swoop being a being that brings fear like a bird swooping down on your head, you don't know it's coming but you already fear the unexpected. I will eventually get some one to make boxes for my dinobots up and that may be the catchphrase for this generation of swoop
    "you don't know I'm coming but when you hear me you fear the unexpected"

Thanks I really am in love with this bot and grimlock as well, sludge is one bot I am making as well but not having such great luck with him right now sadly, may have to work on rebuilding his arms and legs but hopefully will have him down and ready soon to show a proper WIP with him as I am not to pleased with him.