Heavy/Scratch: WIP: carbrother X-Brawn

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by I AM MEGATRON, Sep 18, 2009.

1. I AM MEGATRON

I AM MEGATRON pleasure model

Hey everyone,
    just managed to get this guy mostly done, completing my carbrother set. Here's X-Brawn. He's made mostly from tftm stockade, with modification as you can see to his legs and arm panels. His alt mode is almost completely unchanged, except for the bush bar/feet up front (which i plan to thicken up a bit). He has a bit of clearance issues that just need to be filed down in order to fill gaps and straighten the alt mode up, but I'll get to them later. The heads a place holder for now, (even though I really like it). He was definitely the hardest of the three to do, and I have no idea how I'll paint him. I might change his wheels to a bigger set as well. His chest can be posed, I have it slightly angled, but they are on ball joints, so they can be made to look like one piece as well. His ankles inside the suv hood and on the bush bar feet are on ball joints, so he can pose in almost endless ways.
    I'm a bit busy now, so Im not sure how much time I'll have to finish him for the next month or so, but I'll update if I do. C&C is welcomed.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Woah! That's pretty cool. The only thing that looks weird are his tiny feet but do like how they transform into the fender. Overall, nice job!

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I'm staring at this now intently, trying to figure out exactly how you made it all work, through the chest in particular...

:thumbs2: 

zmog

4. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I Like it !

The feet are good. Just keep em that way. It's just that they might look smaller because of the humongous shinplatings.

5. Solrac333

Ebay:
    I think you're right. It's the giant shin guards. Still, nice bash.

6. I AM MEGATRON

thanks guys, I figured the feet would seem small with the shinpads lol. Here are a few pics of the head..I took an exacto knife to srtockades head and gave him a face. The pics are a bit dark and my cam wont zoom in on the face though..but the silhouette shows the main featues off a bit..(mouth, nose, chin)
    as for the chest..lol..its just a couple minicon ball joints that allow for the movement.

Attached Files:

7. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

Looks nice, just needs bigger feet. Just my opinion.

8. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    He's very cool! I just wish there was a way to give him one honking big arm- or one smaller one.
    Considering what was there, I think you're solution for the feet was quite clever.

9. Solrac333

Ebay:
    Did you add something to the feet?

10. I AM MEGATRON

Yeah I did, I just extended the bars a bit, and added a bit of bulk to the tops of his feet. They I had some extra pieces of styrene on that made his feet angle up, but Ive removed them since then. I also changed his wheels to bigger ones from the voyager prime.

11. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

Oh, I like this a lot more over the RiD X-Brawn. (I use that figure to test out paints-after-mixing) I'm a big fan of your carbrothers, man.