Well, this was my first attempt to dye a figure rather than going with my tried and tested spray paint method. I love the finish I get with sprays, but even with base coating and prep-work (sanding down etc...), I find paint rub is inevitable. I spent a few hours experimenting with the dye at various temparatures with various amount of time with the toy in the dye, I followed the Redline tutorial but there were so many conflicting guides, it was more of a starting point to finding my own method. First things first: IF YOU ATTEMPT TO DYE, USE VENTILATION AND WEAR A PROPER MASK. Acetone and RIT dye are not meant to be breathed in, and if you heat them, they will go airborne and fuck you up. I've been suffering for a few days now, and it seems to be out of my system. As with all customs, prep work is everything. Disassemble, clean, remove paint etc... I used RIT dye for the black which went in really well (heat to 180, remove from heat, fully submerge figure, check very thirty seconds or so, rinse in cold water when finished. If not colour you want, re-heat water and repeat steps), I was happy with that. I used RIT dye for the grey parts. I wasn't happy with that. It went too dark after I'd removed from the dye and rinsed, the head stayed lighter but any defect on the figure or area where paint had been seems to attract more dye meaning darker colouration. Thankfully, I did two of these as I was working on them, and didn't dye the second lot of parts grey, opting for a spray finish for comparisons. That's drying along with the roof which was sprayed (can't dye without colouring windows too) and I'll post pictures tomorrow. Anyway, WIP Black Tracks attempt 1... He looks very odd without his chest windshield... The black went in very well. ...I expect attempt 2 to look better, and will hit attempt #3 next week.