Minor/Repaint: WiP: Beast Machines Night Slash Cheetor - Now you can REALLY Slash!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Superquad7, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey guys, ol' Quaddy back again, this time *looks at title* - yep, you guessed it, I was in my "git rid of it" bin again. Same for Primal, I had mixed feelings about Night Slash Cheetor here. It's another one of those cases of "I like you, but I don't", but this time I feel like I've solved some major issues I had here.

First of all, I'm not a "CHEETOR" fan or anything - but I did really like this toy when it came out. Keep in mind we weren't spoiled with the cool stuff we are now on the pegs. I had gotten back into TFs through unpacking my G1 collection from my childhood, and BW just ended with BM just starting. My imagination was just getting revved back up.

Enough nostalgia . . . . this figure's arms are really hindered simply by a poor articulation design. On first glace, one would think it was the "slashing action" that's doing it. Nope! The ball joints just need a little more help than what they got. A RotF Jolt spy decided he'd . . . help with the cause.

Basically, I took ball joints and sockets from Jolt, cut off what I wanted, took a couple of screws, and made my own makeshift shoulder joints.

His legs are also hindered some. Now, the chicken leg design certainly suits this figure, but as in a figure like RotF Stratosphere, I like having the option of articulation where I want it. Basically, I just shaved off some unwanted plastic. I think I'll go back eventually to add some putty to the backside of the leg, just so there's not gaping holes.

I'll end up painting the shoulder joints I think. However, a part of me wants to do some things with paint. I have zero desire to paint this yellow, as I like the blackish blue metallic plastic and think it looks cool. Also, I sorta like the spot pattern as sort of graffiti-type of markings. I think given that, I'd like to at least add some paint runs. A part of me likes the metallic green, and a part of me doesn't. I think adding some kind of panel wash, like neon green might make me happy. I dunno, what do you guys think?

Anyways, I hope you can see my work from my photos here. Chatting with Ramrider and trying to shoot a 5 minute gallery didn't bode well in my favor. Since this is a WiP, I'd imagine I'd come back anyways. Also, I think I may create a tutorial on all of the modifications.

Anyways, enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

So now he can engage in dubious fanfic and breakdance? ;) 

I have no idea what his articulation was like before, having never had that mould, but he definitely looks cool now. Fixing the chicken-legs was a good move; I think they only really work on bots that look kind of inhuman in the first place. :thumb 

3. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Man, these photos are so awful :lol 

4. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Trust me, if you have this figure, this is awesome.

I just noticed tonight while taking a dump that the middle part of the legs are on the wrong side.

5. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    ^^ dude, who says that on the boards? TMI man!!!!
    (Though I've been known to fiddle while taking the Browns to the Superbowl)

and now you make me want the fig even more now.

6. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    woah blurry pics...

at first i thought this is kind of an organic the fallen (possible eh? ;) 

really cool, also the convertable jolt *lol* ^^

7. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Normally, I either read a lot or play Tetris.

It's really a great figure [in robot mode]. These minor little tweaks saved him from the sale bin. I'm still planning my next move with him.

Yeah, the photos are awful, but I've actually seen a lot worse on occasion in Radicons and on the rest of the board. My hand tremors were acting up pretty badly that day.

As much as I dislike Cheetor, he's worlds cooler than any character Pat Lee has his creative stamp on in any fashion.

Convertable Jolt = footless Jolt as well. Just as well, though, as he was an Eradicon clone trying to infiltrate the base!

8. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I'm not into Beast Wars, but, you actually have a sig. dedicated to a piece of Wrestlecrap history, so, you rock by default.

9. caretaker27

caretaker27 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    this thread is fantastic, the mods are nice, and the TMI overload is just a treat to an otherwise dull day. on a serious note, you could paint him up as "catscan" if you are itching to change it up, or if you missed out on that Botcon exclusive.

10. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Well, I'm from the southern US, so it's hard to escape things like wrestling and NASCAR :lol  At least wrestling isn't just left turns :lol 

But thank you :D 

I'm glad I was able to bring a smile to ya and give ya a treat :)  I've REALLY had a fun time modding this figure (even though I sliced my thumb open with a blade), and I have to say that I really like this figure a TON more than I used to . . . and I always sorta like it :) 

As for Catscan, I don't have any interest. I really like the color scheme of this one as is pretty much, though I'll end up painting the blades and metallic parts. I still like the idea of making the graffiti spots having a run effect to em. Boy, that was a bad pun :lol 

Did I mention that these photos suck? Cause they do. That's what 10 minutes for a photo shoot will do. Plus Jolt was (is?) in a lot of pain, so I had to get him to the evac stat!

Thanks so much for your comments. Again, suggestions, etc. are more than welcomed, as this is still very much a work in progress!