Heavy/Scratch: WIP Battlechargers!!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Alteron_Sheng, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was never happy with the Classics Bee/Cliffjumper, I mean they look really good compared to the animation model and alt-modes and the head is spot on for Cliffjumper (the toy, even though it is closer to Bee's animation model head) But...
    Well, for me, they're just to BIG. To me minicons should be scout sized or so, not almost shoulder to shoulder (and much bulkier) than Sideswipe and Hound, so I've slowly been building up my minicon ranks with various activators and scouts... but I still had two Bees that I'd gotten for presents-
    And then I realised that the battle-mode was just about spot-on perfect for the battlechargers, although the alt-modes were not. So I had them standing around while I debated changes... then I got two RotF Lockdown's for about 5 dollars each and decided that I'd do a basic reshell to give them a bit more of a muscle-car/aggessive look
    As for WHY do the Battlechargers at all... Dude, they drove around spraypainting the first real evidence we have of cybertronix in universe! (Soundwave got whapped in the face with a car manifold too, that's always fun^^) Also the two of them are actually really friends with each other, and play very well off each other.

I've only got one of them under the dremel right now, I'm going to dye the other one red before starting as Runabout has red highlights and windows and Runamok has yellow highlights and blue windows. I haven't done any smoothing or the like and the work isn't quite done, but I'm just about happy with the overall look (I have the plastic 'out' far on purpose, I wanted them to be revealed to have THICK armor in robot mode, not sure why. I'm currently head hunting for them, and am thinking of using a RotF Gears head or the like, so long as it's the right size. ^^

Attached Files:

2. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

Awesome!
    I love the battle-chargers!

3. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Great use of Lockdown's 'skin.' I'm looking forward to seeing the final product.

~Z

4. Kryptokron

Kryptokron Bleeper of Blorps

News Credits:
    Wow! Thats a pretty cool idea! I made Runabout and Runamuck from the Bumblebee molds, but putting Lockdowns skin on gives this a Road Warrioresque feel that would befit the Battlechargers highway terrorist tendencies. Can't wait to see this one done!

5. Alteron_Sheng

News Credits:
    Ah! Road Warriors! *THAT'S* why I wanted them to have thick armor with thinner segments! I kept seeing scenes from the movie when I was plotting the layout and it just seemed so fitting that I went with it, but I could NOT remember what movie I was remembering scenes from!!

I'm going to have Runabout slightly different than Runamok here. His cowcatcher will have the center blade as a single instead of separate and his bonnet will not have the spikes, that way there will be a slight difference between the two of them^^

6. Alteron_Sheng

News Credits:
    Update

Got all of the new skin and the sculpy and styrene work done on Runamuck, including his new head^^
    I decided to take some pictures of him next to the unaltered (except for the head transplant) Runabout so the difference the re-skinning did for the alt mode as well as how little it changed the robot mode, both points having been important to me.
    Runabout will be getting a dye bath soon to make his plastic red, I just need to find time around work

=====
    ...So, off topic, but does anyone know why everyone seems to think I'm a guy in my fifties?

Attached Files:

7. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

this is wicked! really love how you've transformed the look of the car :D